Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FenderW.I.S.C.inbad (cover challenge!)

Thanks

Red face FenderW.I.S.C.inbad (cover challenge!)

Sign in to disable this ad
    I am so hesitant to post this!!!!!! I'm having that naked in school dream all over again!!!!!!!

This is my first "real" attempt at a song, and probably my last(for awhile) This is the hardest thing i have ever done(music wise). WISC had to pm the chord's, and i had to go on the net to find out how to form them!!! only been playing for little over a year, and that includes all instrument's. Intimidated is a good way to describe this. I couldn't even breath through my nose when i sang this( and you will hear that!) there are some flatty's in here to.

anyway, enough excuses!!!!!! This is a cover of W.I.S.C.'S song "helpless breathless" great song!! i ruined it!

special thank's to jr#97 who helped me with chord's in the voxchat, and also gave a listen to a short acoustic clip!! so did gidge!! cordura21 was a factor to!! thank's guy's!!

is this the grammy's??? LMAO! let's just say that it's..dynamic??

mine is here....helpless breathless http://www.nowhereradio.com/droppincotton/singles

The original (W.I.S.C.) is here
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=2180&alid=-1

Don't spare me!! I know it's bad!

I gave it my damndest though! and i enjoyed every second of it!

thank's to all my clinic homies!!!!!!

Thanks

Thumbs up

I think you did a damn fine job Rick.There are a few flats notes here and there on the vocals but you captured a really good recording here dude.Everything is clean as a whistle.(more than I can say for most of my stuff)

The acoustic guitars sound good.Bass is sitting in the pocket Ok and the drums sound good.The snare could use just a little more snap to it.I think the whole drum kit could stand to be brightened just a tad IMHO.

Good job buddy!This recording makes the reality of your current situation suck even more.

Hopefully you'll rebound real quick!

I dug the tune man!

Thanks
    P.s. 5 Stars for the amount of effort put into this and props to the guys who helped you out with the chords!This place rocks!

Thanks

Thumbs up

Kramer, thank's for goin easy on my buddy!! The drum's....it seems no matter what i do , i come out with a "blanket over the kit sound" bright is what it need's!! and the snare, OMG THE SNARE! no matter how good it sound's live, i cant get a good snap out of it! it drive's me nut's! flat notes, yes!~ lol i know i know....trust me I'm working on it!! damn i love this place!!!

Thank's kramer!!!!!!! for the stars to, couldn't have got this far without ya'll!!!!!! your right on with your comment's!

Thanks
    Hey Fender--I have two things to say. First, lets put this in perspective. When I had been playing for a year, I could not have created anything like this. I couldn't sing, could barely play, knew jack squat about recording, etc. So, in my book, you are way ahead of the curve. I think Kramer took all the words out of my mouth as far as critiques go. I really dug the sound of the acoustic. It reminds me of something, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what right now.

Anyway, the other thing is that you made the effort and came through with the challenge. Thats a A for effort. Oh yeah--you enjoyed yourself in the process. I love hearing that because thats the spirit of the clinic--not to mention the sharing and help. My faith continues! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Now, I gotta hear Whiskers version...

Thanks
    THAT FUKKIN' RAWKED

Dude, if you ever even THINK about leaving this place, I'll hunt you down and hold you at gunpoint while you type, lol.

I'm not gonna' sit here and tell you that it's the greatest recording I've ever heard, b/c it's not, but there's not enough money in the world that could convince me to post my first "real" recording... Holy hell, it sucked. The acoustics sound freakin' GREAT btw, and that's all that really matters, lol. And you're actually PLAYING the drums, right? In a hundred million years, I couldn't do that. Hell, I can't even get "in the groove" using looped samples to a metronome, lol. I can't comment on the bass b/c I'm on computer speakers, which I haven't done in months, but the computer hooked up to my monitors crashed right when I saw this thread, so I had to go to another one to hear it. I'll come back.

Here's my "mix" schtick:
    1. Levels sound okay to me....vocal might be a tad hot, but again, big caveat on how I'm listening to this...

2. Vocal sounds a little more "distant" than I'd like....but not from reverb (I don't think so, anyway)...parts of it sound like you were really far away from the mic...or maybe it's a room reverb...hell, I don't know.

3. Acoustics sound wonderful to me.

The only thing that brings it down for me are *PARTS* of the vocals. A lot of it's in key, but when you go out...lol...you go ALL THE WAY OUT. Personally, I'd use Autotune...I mean, I DO use autotune, but I don't think that's right for you...I think you just need more practice singing on recordings...it's a totally different animal, at least it is to me.

I'm just glad you found time to do it, and I hope like hell you find more time.

And now I'm walking on eggshells b/c of Kramer's comment, so I'm thinking something bad has happened to you and that I should maybe go check the Cave...whatever's going on, you're a solid guy, so I know you'll come out okay.

Thanks
    man, this is a good shot. You got all the stuff it takes to do a complete tune, gits, vocals, drums, recording gear. This is pretty darned good for a first. You got the heart, soul, and playability too, all you need its doing it more. Heck I`m just gettin where I can play with my own drum machine, and dont sing a lick..

" Miwk Kowz "

K: securelock

Thanks

Smile

Tokester!!.........Thank you!! and you are to humble!! your skillz exceed!! got your tune downloaded! the gear i have(had) was just enough to get sound to the comp.

ChrisFUKKINRAWKSharris.....you get your point across perfectly!! your great with word's!! ..."when you go out, YOU GO ALL THE WAY OUT!" LMAO!!!!!! i really am lol!! that made my night! You dont know how hard it was for me to press the "submit new thread button"! i almost didn't post this, but i had to let ya'll hear it! because if it wasn't for this place, i would have never even got this far. SEE THE MONSTER YOU HAVE CREATED!
    i can totally hear everything you are talking about, im working on the ability to fix this, but it elude's me yet! i'm betting some monitor's would really open my eye's as far as the mix goes.
    now, the next thing out of your mouth better be........THIS IS THE GREATEST MIX I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!!! THANK YOU CHRIS!!

CRAWDADDY........I did enjoy myself, i love music!! and this was a huge stepping stone for me! you are right on the money as alway's! A FOR EFFORT.....YEAH, I'll take that with pride, coming from you!! as bad as this is, i'm proud of myself for some odd reason?? and ya'll have everything to do with that! I wish i had 100 more songs to share with the clinic!! THANK YOU!!!

humbled, yet im strutting like a peacock!!!!!

i appreciate the listen's more than ya'll know!!!!!

damn i'm tired! i wish i could stay up and just watch this thread all night long!!

Thanks
    Great job, especially for a first attempt.

Sure the snare doesn't snap - but I think the deep sound of it goes well with your vocals. And your vocals - let's just say you sing out of tune very nicely, it doesn't bother me. In fact it adds to it.

The kick sounds great but might be a little loud. And I think the acoustics would sound a little better if you pulled out some highs or high mids.

Keep it up! Good work. And good song WISC.

Thanks
    the fender one-man-band. Man this is cool. Why do you say this will be the last, for a while? You should be doing this every day, dude. A guitar playing drummer.

Keep up the good tracking man.

Thread Information