Thread: 'Feel this way'

Thanks

'Feel this way'

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi all, Greetings from Ireland, this is the first time I've posted a song here, I recorded a few acoustic versions of full songs I'm working on for an album just for some material for my website and as a teaser for followers. This song is an original called 'Feel this way'

Would love to get some feedback and comments on techniques etc that I could benefit from.

Thanks in advance

Andy04 Feel this way.mp3

Thanks
    I think the chord progressions are cool. The piece kind of has an oasis unplugged sort of feel to it - partly from your vocal delivery I think. I like the jangly quality to the acoustics.

I personally thought the lead guitar part was a little too simple to warrant such a prominent place in the mix. I'd rather hear something more melodic at that level, or perhaps drop this part you have back into more of a supportive role so it blends in better. Just my impression anyway.

The vocals, and perhaps the whole mix, had an odd sort of in-a-tunnel effect going on, like an odd choice of reverb was used or a not so great room sound was captured. I still think it sounds cool, and maybe this is intentional, but I did find it a bit odd. I think your voice has a lot of character and enjoyed listening.

Thanks
    Nice song, it reminded me of some of the tunes coming out of Texas in the early 1970s. Good Vocal performance and I thought the rhythm guitars sounded good. I felt though that the lead part detracted from the recording. If you want a counter melody in the song maybe you should look at using a flute or recorder either solo or duet. Over all, great song.
    “Clap for the Wolfman, he gonna rate your record high”

Thanks
    Cheers guys, I think I'll revisit the reverb settings, maybe the reverb is too long for the tempo of the song, I had a feeling about the lead, it was really an after thought and it was rushed. I'm glad I posted it now, It's great to get some good constructive critiques. Thanks a lot guys.
    Andrew

Thanks
    Post another version when you've cut back some on the reverb.

Love your voice. Not too much accent but just enough to distinguish yourself.

Love 3/4ths time.

JJ.
    My happy, beachy melodies - SoundCloud.com/JoeJohnstun
    My sex opinion/advice column - SexyLittleIdeas.com

Thanks
    Sounds like you were raised on Oasis. There's an undersound to the vocal that I'd be trying to fix if I were working with it, but maybe you want it like that - it's phasey or boxy or something. What's interesting is that it makes it stand out, even though it doesn't make it sound more attractive.

On the guitar solo, I heard an extra guitar note added on the first beat of every measure with a huge shimmering repeating delay on it, like a raindrop landing in a pool. It would break up, or perhaps enhance, the rather relentless series of notes that the acoustic's playing.
    Like is like still like the worst.

Thread Information