Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feedback needed!

Thanks

Feedback needed!

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hello...I'd appreciate thoughts and feedback on this recording. First recorded song for a long time and it's taken a while to get my head round some kit and tidy up issues with original recording....Cheers, Mark

Thanks
    Not bad at all smooth and cool sounding song. I like the arrangement and melody. You've done a nice job.
    @irwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Irwin abrigo View Post
    Not bad at all smooth and cool sounding song. I like the arrangement and melody. You've done a nice job.
    @irwin
    Thanks for the comments 👍

Thanks
    At 0:20 when the lead comes in, there is an audible edit.

When the bass is going and the vocals aren't, the mix is a little dark overall. The bass might be slightly too loud.
    That's a little nitpicky tho. Overall, you've got a pretty good mix going on here. Kind of has an El-Creepo vibe to the vocals.

Thanks
    Yeah, this mix is sounding pretty good on my end. I didn't notice what VHS mentioned @ :20, but went back and it does sound like a slight skip or rhythmic glitch there maybe.

Nice, mellow vocal performance, and I like the way you processed them. Cool reverb and doubling.

I kind of wished there was a more drastic change to the melody or arrangement at some point I guess. But then, I'm a sucker for gratuitous change-ups.

Thanks
    This is one of the few songs where I think the doubling of the vocal actually sounds nice. I NEVER said that before. Unfortunately, the doubling takes away from the lyrics and I can't understand much of the words. I'm pretty sure this is a lyric-driven song and if so, you have to make them clear.

The rest of the mix is pretty good, a little dark overall as already noted, but maybe that is to set the tone of the song. The bass could use some attention.

Oh, I think I heard what VHS mentioned at 00:20. To me it sounded like two guitars playing slightly different parts.

Thanks
    Thanks for the comments fellas 👍

Vomithat Steve...quite right, theres a big edit as I copied an extra two bars of the while song in there and didn't get it quite right...I've since started using midi drums and the magnet tool so getting large parts changed is nice and easy.

Heatmiser..I agree, the song kind of ebbs along and and doesn't have as many dynamics as I'd imagined... but it kind of fitted that way and I struggled to find ways to makes parts stand apart...I did try and make the bridge parts quite sparse so the chorus had more impact but it didn't make ti much difference.

Chilli...I've usually doubled up on the vocals for a fuller sound and perhaps lack a bit of technique and experience to achieve it other ways...still learning much of this. There were two slightly different leads at the start as well as the edit glitch.

Helpful comments cheers.

Mark

Thanks
    Song has a nice chill vibe Seems like some eq work could be done in the low-mids as there is a bit of mud.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    Song has a nice chill vibe Seems like some eq work could be done in the low-mids as there is a bit of mud.
    Thanks for the listen...I totally agree about the mud in the mix...largely due to me recording the bass poorly. I've experimented plenty with the original mix and the mastering. It's at a point I'm not 100 % happy but ready to move on. It was the first recording in over 10 years and im already happier with a couple of songs im working on lately....loooooong learning curves now I'm set loose from my stand alone recorder!

Mark

Thanks
    I like the overall mood... guitar riffs sound great, I hate recording bass.. I'm playing through my computer speakers, that don't have a ton of bass, and I'm 1/2 deaf in one ear, so I don't hear any mud. I like the keyboard effects, they are very poigniant and not overbearing. I love the key change. To me, the guitar solo/ lead guitar, is not loud enough. It seems quieter than the rhythm.

Thread Information