Feedback needed!

AW4416DR1

Hi,

Recorded this track last month and would like any feedback!

You can find it at Bandcamp - aesirdotbandcampdotcom

Equipment used - Yamaha AW4416 for recording tracks and mixing.
Various mics on the drums. Bass DI'd. Guitars DI'd or mic'd with SM57. Vocals recorded with Sontronics STC-2 through Presonus Tubepre.

Thank you!

Fuck - the rap forum is spreading....

Someone get me a gun.

Try the MP3 clinic if you want feedback dickwad... but of course you're just trolling for hits, aren't you?

I think there's something wrong with the file? Have you listened to the link yet?

It sounds super small, distorted, tinny and far away. It could be a really cool tune, but I honestly can't tell.

Sorry, but this is frankly just really weird sounding.

Whoops!

Sorry. I uploaded the wrong file!
Pretty new to this online stuff so bear with me.
Correct file up now!

Attachments

• The Ques.mp3
    7.5 MB · Views: 7
i think its good actually. dont understand what the first comment was all about....its not rap at all. your guitars sound a bit distorted (but not in the right way) mic placement can be key in getting great tone with a 57. i think its actually really cool the song and the idea. vocals could do with heavier compression maybe. and have you thought about double tracking the guitars and panning one left and one right? i think the single guitar track is good in the verse, but could do with switching to one left and one right in the heavier chorus section. i like it though. sounds like your drum overheads are a little dominant in relation to the rest of the drum mics. some more kick and snare. think the drums are a bit dry too compared to the silky reverb backings. i like it though, really good.

still, everything ive said here is just the opinion of one guy, its not necessarily right or whatever. keep making music. if you wonna check my stuff (not too dissimilar to yours) check out soundcloud.com/wearecrave/sets/the-early-days. i think the last track in that playlist called Somewhere Nowhere might be to your likeing. first track might put you off a bit ha. its a bit heavier. cheersss

Sorry. I uploaded the wrong file!
Pretty new to this online stuff so bear with me.
Correct file up now!

That is much better :D!

Still some mix issues I think, but I like the tune which sounds highly original. I like the "ahhhh ahhh" background vocals in particular.

The guitars sound kind of "direct in" (did you mic an amp?) and the distortion is kind of cheapy sounding to me. Sorry. The drums sound kid of boxy and distant.

There are lots of nice change ups though and I would like to hear this tune mixed differently for a fuller, clearer sound. Good job.

dont understand what the first comment was all about....its not rap at all.

It probably doesn't matter, but I agree it looks odd now.

Someone had originally replied to the OP (post has since been removed) essentially saying "great track, now check out my youtube channel and follow me, like me, hit me up...whatever.". Sounded like they didn't even listen to the track and were just pimpin' their own stuff. I think that was what the first reply was in reference to...carry on ;).

Thanks for the feedback!!

Cool. This is what I was looking for, some helpful feedback.

I agree, the drums could be more powerful and the o/heads are quite loud. I used two (unmatched) C1000s for for them and wasn't too happy, so I've since invested in a Rode NT4 as my o/head mic(s).
Didn't use compression on vocals, but I'll try that next time.
Guitars were mostly DI'd as we had to re-do them. The singer also played the bass and the guitars on this track and she considers herself a bassist foremost so the guitars are on 5 tracks and 'pasted' together. Not ideal, but we don't have a guitarist!

I'm definitely going to improve on everything for next time!

Anyway, thanks again; it's given me lots to think about!

ROCK!!

Liking the rock from We Are Crave. Really professional sounding, but still nice and raw. Oy Song reminds me of my punk days!
How did you get the drums to sound tight and punchy?

Back