Feedback needed -

The guitar(s) seem slightly out of tune - mostly noticeable toward the beginning - perhaps I got used to it more as it progressed. Mix was fine - good balance between the guitars.

From a purely songwriting perspective this was a tough piece for me to follow. It's an eclectic mixture of guitar parts that intertwine between each other. I notice that the title says "Improvised". It stays on key all the time so that's not a problem. The playing is also good. But as a pop radio listener I would have liked to get some consistent repeating parts (hooks as you would say) that I can connect to. It's just too random for me to grasp onto - again I like pop music so take that into consideration.

@ ido1957 There was only one guitar (physically), yet my ear is pretty bad on those topics. By improvised I mean I had written a set of chords and lead, and after playing what I initially written, I replaced the with a version my fingers (did not write prior) suggested. For the consistent repeating part: maybe I should have repeated some part of the melody partially, if not fully..
However when I try to write "a catchy tune" it generally ends up being boring repetitions.

@dodgeaspen 0.13 gauge Thomastik Infeld flat wound strings + Fender vibro champ xd at jazz king = )

thanks

Back