feedback needed on 1st posted track

I'd slightly slide the gain down on the Bontempi Barbie Keyboard
82982.jpg
and add a little compression to the snare on the E-Groves Electronic Standing Drum Kit
B000066NO3.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

There's a deep synth that seems too loud to me. The low lows don't seem to be there which could be my monitors. The clav-lead is not right in the pocket.
The melody seems too off-the-cuff and not intentonal enough.
Many cheezy sounds but hey, if that's what you're into what can I say?

Where's the rapper?

What I meant to say is that the instruments used sound a little cheap to me... I honestly have only really heard music like this before coming as a preset on a cheap casio keyboard or something...

please don't be offended... you did ask for "any" opinions...

that said... I have managed to listen to it on loop for the last 25 minutes... and I do dig some of those built in keyboard tunes... it would be nice if every 10 seconds or so it would switch style.. perhaps going from disco to bossa nova through to marching band... on to pop followed by latin and then back to disco...

Handsome Al said:
What I meant to say is that the instruments used sound a little cheap to me... I honestly have only really heard music like this before coming as a preset on a cheap casio keyboard or something...

I had to listen just because you said that. I agree it sounds like a cheap keyboard. But it's still kinda cool. My pc speakers didn't like it much...

jake-owa said:
The clav-lead is not right in the pocket.
The melody seems too off-the-cuff and not intentonal enough.
Where's the rapper?

could you be a bit more explicit please

jake-owa said:
Where's the rapper?

learning how to become one :D

Handsome Al said:

exactemente

Handsome Al said:
I'd slightly slide the gain down on the Bontempi Barbie Keyboard
82982.jpg
and add a little compression to the snare on the E-Groves Electronic Standing Drum Kit
B000066NO3.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

lmao

they ran out of the barbie keyboard so i had to get the fisher price (school bus yellow) but as you can i'm gonna be a star. lol

thanks again guys

Ok, the lead sounds kinda ho-humish and not like anything is being intended by it. It has no real feel besides filling space.

L'espion Noir said:
lmao

they ran out of the barbie keyboard so i had to get the fisher price (school bus yellow) but as you can i'm gonna be a star. lol

Phew... I was worried I was being a dickhead!

Keep at it.

There are loads of good ideas on the track just not too many great instrument sounds...

Back