feedback much appreciated on whether vocals are mixed well or not

This is my opinion listening to this on my laptop speakers: a) the vocals sound like they could be pushed forward a bit to make them more "font and center" (maybe this is just my personal preference though) b) I don't think they sound muddy at all. Instead, I felt like they could be warmed up a bit and made a bit "fatter" or "thickened." c) I also wished the vocals didn't have so much distortion, especially for this type of genre. Once again, you could also read my opinions/feedback as nothing more than personal preference as there are so many different ways of going about it. Thanks!

Wow that feedback was very much needed and appreciated! I definitely hear you when you spoke about the distortion; looking back on it I probably put too much distortion on some sections. That's good to hear it didn't sound too muddy, and hearing it again I could've definitely made it (the vocals) stand out more. Thanks for the feedback, it's really helpful having someone who hasn't listened to it to give feedback, once again much appreciated!

I agree with the above. The vocals are pushed back a lot. I think you can bring them up. Unless you are going for this vibe (where they are more like an instrument and not vocals per se). Love the beat and the other synth elements

I agree with the above. The vocals are pushed back a lot. I think you can bring them up. Unless you are going for this vibe (where they are more like an instrument and not vocals per se). Love the beat and the other synth elements

I appreciate the feedback and yea after sitting back and listening to it I definitely do agree and think that the vocals can be pushed up. Thanks again for the feedback

Last edited:
A little better but the actual music is overtaking the vocals. Is that what you’re going for? Also, the kick is pretty loud initially. Then you tone it down during the middle of the song.

Vocals sound Ok, level is too low in my opinion, the Kick drum is very loud.

I don't know this style of music well so that likely makes it hard for me to judge. But my reaction is that the fixed mix sounds fine, however whenever the kick comes in it pretty much smothers everything else. In other words, I can clearly distinguish all instruments/vocals when the kick is absent, then it all gets buried when the kick demands my attention. Maybe that's appropriate for the style but I'd rather the kick be reduced.

I don't know this style of music well so that likely makes it hard for me to judge. But my reaction is that the fixed mix sounds fine, however whenever the kick comes in it pretty much smothers everything else. In other words, I can clearly distinguish all instruments/vocals when the kick is absent, then it all gets buried when the kick demands my attention. Maybe that's appropriate for the style but I'd rather the kick be reduced.

ahh ok I see what you're saying. Yea I was looking to make the kick stand out however it's probably not good that it stands out that much haha thanks for the feedback!

Back