feedback

dmcsilva

I just finsihed this one tonight. If anyone wants give it a listen and let me know what you think, I'd appreciate it. The drums are repetitive because they are canned, and I haven't had the time to dedicate to figuring out elaborate rythyms or tempos, or simple fills for that matter, within the software. Everything else is real though. This one also contains my first stab at using crossfades and volume, panning, and fx envelopes within Vegas Pro. thanks.

[This message has been edited by dmcsilva (edited 12-23-1999).]

Damnit there's a lot of talent in this group!

This tune really drives. Please tell me that you're micing your amp...it would really make me happy :) It's just that the lead is so hot I can't imagine it being DI'd.
I also really like the twangy acoustic at the end. Nice crossfade at the end. I'm using a similar technique for one of my tunes...heavy and loud to acoustic...love it!

Things you might want to look into: during the pauses, especially the first two, there's a lot of noise which takes away from the dynamics. That is, it's not abrupt enough in my opinion. Then at the end the distorted guitar clashes with the lead. I have this problem quite a bit.

Anyway, great sounding tune. It's a lot cleaner recording job than I've ever gotten too. Man it would be cool if everyone in this group could get together and work on some music. Hopefully within the next 5 years we'll see some dramatic improvements in residential internet which could lead to some real fun stuff.

Slackmaster 2000

Slackmaster2K:

I'm happy to oblige and tell you that it is a mic'd amp and not a DI box. My wife went shopping all day Saturday and left me free to get liberal with the volume on my amp. I mic'd my Boogie SOB with an sm57 and I am using an RP12 as a distortion box only, all fx were added via plug-ins. The last song I posted I used the POD for all of the guitar tracks; the POD is awesome for what it is, but I have to say the real thing just has more bite, depth, and tone.

I am going to go back re-record some of the tracks which should clean up around the pauses. A couple of the tracks were one-offs. This song actually started out with more of a funk feel and evolved into what you hear. I can't say enough about what Vegas Pro has done for my recording. Everything is so intuitive. Being able to graphically see fx, panning, and volume envelopes, and crossfades has really helped me to begin to understand how minute adjustments here and there can profoundly affect the mix...and I have only been using it for two months.

As far as collaborating on music via the internet, I'm right there with ya. I will be getting RoadRunner service by the beginning of next year. High bandwidth will definitely expidite the transfer of creativity among us. Thank you very much for your input.

dmc

[This message has been edited by dmcsilva (edited 11-09-1999).]

Back