fate rocks the nation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim:

Clear something up for me if you don't mind. Is this your band? Where was the recording done? I listened to "I Won't Bleed," "Apart," and "Suffocate Me."

ROCK! ROCK! ROCK! ROCK!

Liked the last tune the best...(phone intro thing was [almost] perfect). Now, if she'd said, "I know you're out screwing my sister," THAT would have been perfect.

Too many Highs in "Apart" for my taste. The rest sounded too professional for me to even attempt to comment on.

Damn filter at work won't let me download or stream from mp3.com, I'll have to wait till I get home...

Mark

Decent song. Tons of metal energy. Good playing. Liked the lead singer - good pipes. I liked those little lead guitar fills thrown in during the verse. Also liked the lead break at about 2:37 - sounded cool.

I thought the telephone thing at the begining was ok - it was a good idea to set up the rest of the song. It went for about 40 seconds, which as a bit long for me. The guitars were a bit on the harsh side - a little midrange heavy.

Good job overall.

Ass stomping good time.....

This genre is not my choice but it has sort of a RATM/modern metal combo thing going on. Recording sounds good and the performances seem good. (Dude has a good voice for the style!!)

I too would like to know more about the recording side of it: Where? How? Who?

All together very nice. But nice in a sorta I'll bite your dog's face off type of way.

Tyler

recording side of it

3 of these guys grew up in northern michigan, i played in a band called acez in high school back in the 80s with the lead singer and the guitarist mike lumbert. that is how i know them and they are like brothers to me. these guys have tons of energy and they realy express it live. they opened for zakk wyldes band black plague society at a place in nashville called the outter limit and then they played with def leppard somewhere in nashville, theyve also opened for great white. there new cd is do to be released realy soon if it aint already and all but one of the songs on that page were recorded at omni studios in nashville the song i wont bleed for you was recorded by guitarist mike lumbert on a digital yamaha 8 track in his basement. and masterd by him to. omni studios has recorded some of jewels stuff and some of faith hills stuff and many various other celebritys,but this was there first attempt to do metal and overall i dont think the engineer did to good of a job. the guitars dont have no bottom end to begin with and way to much mids for my taste. the only thing i realy liked in the mix was the vocals he did a killer job on them. thanks for the kind comments about them like i said they are very good friends and they need alot of support to make this happen. so if your bored spread the word about fate. thanks tim pate

The recording quality is good. Sounds pro. Its loud, punchy, and crunchy. Everythings in place. The snare is a bit deep but ok. Maybe take down the vocal a dB or 2. It sounds like it was done at a commercial studio. Not a project studio. I listened to the first song, I would lose the rhythmic "fate" or "pain" or whatever the band shouts on the downbeat of each bar. Very cliche. Im a fan of some numetal like sevendust, taproot, onesidezero and other bands but this band isnt bringing anything new to the scene. Its rehashed and seeing as how numetal is gasping its last breath, I dont anticipate these guys having a long career with this sound.

Sorry, I can't be of any help here. I start thrashing and kicking every time I hear this stuff and I almost always hurt my equipment. I gotta stop.........

i wish i was involved in the recordings. an to answer the questions 3 of the songs were recorded professionally at omni studios, www.omnistudio.com the song i wont bleed for you was recorded by the guitar player mike lumbert on a yamaha 8 track. thanks for all the coments guys.

your such a loser....im comin over right now!!!!!!!!

i like the answering machine in the beginning,( suffocate me)

good heavy stuff, i like it!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks man

peace

rick

new web page up

fates new cd was released this weekend from headturner records. man its sounding pretty killer but i dont think this guy knows how to mix metal very well because it just dont hav enough drive to the mix, you guys can check out some of the tunes at the site. the new website is awesome. thanks tim pate

"APART"

You guys sound a lot like Disturbed, crossed with AIC. Good for the genre, professional production. Those chicks in your band are hot. Something about the song just sounds ho-hum to me, tho. Maybe needs a more dynamic melody... or more energetic drums, or something. The I-II-I-II pattern has been done to death, too.

FWIW tho this stuff should find an audience, but mass appeal seems unlikely. Hey good luck tho, man. What matters is if this stuff makes you guys and your audience happy. Rock on!

BTW: The above (new) link from your new site to your trax on IUMA isn't working... had to stream from mp3.com.

Chad

Re: "APART"

participant said:
You guys sound a lot like Disturbed, crossed with AIC. Good for the genre, professional production. Those chicks in your band are hot. Something about the song just sounds ho-hum to me, tho. Maybe needs a more dynamic melody... or more energetic drums, or something. The I-II-I-II pattern has been done to death, too.

FWIW tho this stuff should find an audience, but mass appeal seems unlikely. Hey good luck tho, man. What matters is if this stuff makes you guys and your audience happy. Rock on!

BTW: The above (new) link from your new site to your trax on IUMA isn't working... had to stream from mp3.com.

Chad

Flash2ace isnt involved with this band at all Chad.It's just some guys he knows and posted their website.

thanks kramer, i was in a band with two of these guys back in high school days which was a long time ago. lol. i just wanted to share there website with you all and see what you guys think of the mix on the website of i wont bleed for you (albumn version) it was done at omni studio in nashville. i realy didnt care for the mix very much it sounds so dry but maybe thats the way a good recording should sound. anyway thanks for coments guys.

Back