Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Fast Car

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,430
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    1955381

    Fast Car

    Sign in to disable this ad
    My daughters boyfriend and his trio came out to practice last week for an open mic night at a local coffee house. They are young kids (15 to 16), and do covers, ranging from The Beatles to John Cougar. All acoustic (except bass). Anyway I hit record and left the studio. The song linked here is Tracy Chapmans "Fast Car". Came out pretty good for a rehersal and a quick record set up. Its just 2 members on this tune. The singer (Joe, my daughters boyfriend) and the guitarist is their friend, I cant remember her name. There are some messups and lost lyrics, but, its a fun song and the kids can sing and play pretty good. http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=6651688&q=hi

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard face
    Posts
    11,571
    Thanks
    304
    Thanked 184 Times in 175 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474862
    It's nice that kids that age are into this type of music.
    Some of his diction/pronunciation is too clear/formal (did I really say that?) to make a couple of the lines work but for waht it is - great to hear!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    857
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    121275
    Its pretty good. The singer needs to practice and he could be really good. Some notes get a little lost but it happens.

    I was listening to classic rock when I was 16 to. I think its a progression that comes after you really become a musician. I am 19 now and pride myself on being able to name everything I hear on the radio by the first couple of bars.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    the eye of satan's butthole
    Posts
    36,068
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 557 Times in 500 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Sounds okay, but I'd worry about any 15 or 16 year old likes this kind of stuff. They should be rocking and/or rolling.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,430
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    1955381
    Quote Originally Posted by rayc View Post
    It's nice that kids that age are into this type of music.
    Some of his diction/pronunciation is too clear/formal (did I really say that?) to make a couple of the lines work but for waht it is - great to hear!
    Yea. He stumbles at times. Needs more fluidity. Hmm, thats a nice word. They are doing a 2 hour show tonight, my wife and daughters went up. I just got done putting up my sound panels and cleaning the studio. I made a mess of it. I need to get them back out and do a serious recording.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,430
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    1955381
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_L View Post
    Sounds okay, but I'd worry about any 15 or 16 year old likes this kind of stuff. They should be rocking and/or rolling.
    The guitarist is a young girl and she didnt know what a power chords was. Well thats good in a way. But I showed her and we did a little jam session on electrics and she enjoyed it. My son played the drums on that jam. I didnt record it though. Should have. I said the same thing though. The bass player is really good and he knows alot of classic and new rock. But the others are more into classical.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,430
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    1955381
    Quote Originally Posted by DAS19 View Post
    Its pretty good. The singer needs to practice and he could be really good. Some notes get a little lost but it happens.

    I was listening to classic rock when I was 16 to. I think its a progression that comes after you really become a musician. I am 19 now and pride myself on being able to name everything I hear on the radio by the first couple of bars.
    Im the same way. But Im 45 now. I wish they would bring back "Name that Tune". Id kick butt and it sounds like you would too.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Please help FAST!
    By ad0lescnts in forum Digital Recording & Computers
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-01-2004, 17:51
  2. If you think you have a fast pc.
    By picostudios in forum Digital Recording & Computers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2004, 12:20
  3. I Need help Fast
    By tmay in forum Marketing Your Music / Publicity
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 07:39
  4. How Fast Is Fast Enough???
    By chrisharris in forum Cool Edit Pro / Adobe Audition Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 08:40
  5. Need help FAST
    By Beerninja in forum Newbies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 15:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •