fast "boogie" blues

jimistone

long standing member
I have to give Freshears credit on this one. He gave me the 1st 2 lines for this tune. I really had alot of fun putting this song together and I thought it was funny. Donnie really nailed the drum part on this one with some incredible single bass drum footwork (he is a REALLY good drumer IMO)
this song is just me and him...one track at a time.

This tune was done before I really knew much about recording.
equipment used:
d1600 recorder
$79 nady LDC mic
sure sm48 mic
yamaha electronic drums
peavey bass
strat

thats pretty bare bones in the equipment area and the recording is not as warm as it could have been
Im going to re-cut it

pretty women call me coffee

:cool:

Very Cool Jump Blues Toon! (Ain't Boogie, Bro) The mix is really decent, man! Good enough for any Blooze Toon. Playing is very good.

If you can get it up about 3 or 4 db without clipping or overcompressing, you got it licked.

CR ><>

jimi,

Nice track! I liked it much!

The playing was first rate and vocals had a nice growl to them with lots of personality coming through on and in-between the vocal lines. Nice Job!

Kudos too, for the guitar doubling/harmony solo work. Very tasty stuff!

Mix-wise; the drum kit sounded a little too loud in the mix like someone was a little too proud of their work?;) The snare sounded kind of out of phase. Perhaps this was a Mic issue when you tracked it?

Overall, a snappy little number!

Cheers! :)

Thanks guys...I mixed this one on stereo speakers and it seem that if I turned the drums down it didn't have enough punch. I agree they need toneing down.

I have to give Freshears credit on this one.
Can I get a witness?:D Hey what's friends for?:( :D You sob, you did a fine job on this! Damn..that's all I can say:)

oh yeah one more thing..you owe me:D
Donnie kicked ass on this too!;)

Last edited:
jimistone!

That was a FINE performance.
I LOVE the vocals.
The slide work is truly FINE.
I'm gonna go back and dnld this one:D

thanks Hevy, thats a real compliment coming from you cause I think your guitar work is fine too.

hey dave, when are we gonna get together and record something?
I miss jammin' with ya bro. PM me and give me your phone # so I can get in touch with you on da land line.
lets collaborate on something.

Back