Familiar Things

I used to listen to some Joni Mitchell. Sounds pretty good. The bass defintely rattled my room though. Might be a tad much. Definitely is a mood setter type song.

Might have to dig through the old vinyl to see if I can find the "Wild Things Run Fast" album. I always liked that one.

DAMMIT!!

I've apparently signed up at Soundclick before, but I can't remember the fucking password, and it won't give me another one with my email addy. *sigh*

It's not your fault, and it's not "Soundclick's" fault...can you pm me with a username and a password if I swear to God that I'll immediately forget it? LOL...I will.

Heh...just as I got done typing som robot chick came on and said, "I'm sorry this file is not available. Links from outside are not allowed. Please visit the band page directly at soundclick.com for all available sound files by this band. Thank you."

LMAO :D

I should record that :D

It is a beautiful song. I hate to get all "mix-ish" on something like this, but it's why we're here, right? lol.

It's pretty hyped in the low end...like centered on that normal spike at 63Hz, but it needs to come down some there. I'm on monitors that don't respond below 50Hz, and I'm still getting a lot of low end.

My man JORO, is that a DI'd acoustic? Have we learned nothing? lol.

Beautiful voice...You sing pretty high for a guy. :D

I'll have more later...I have to put a very sleepy child to bed, which I should have done an hour ago...

Great job on the performance! However, I would echo the sentiments that the bass is really loud...and kinda distorted. I have a feeling that if that were brought down a bit, it would sound great. I hear distortion in the vocals, but I don't know if it's the bass overriding everything else.

realy tight performance here, voxs are awesome,man youve gott a nice vocal range wish i could sing that high. its hard for me to comment on the mix but it sounds great through my headphones except for the bass seems a bit extreme,kill the bass response a tad and i think the distotion thats on the vox will lessen and youll have a winner here. good job.

Thanks for listening fellas...........

I did a bass cut EQ overall and re-posted the tune...
It is perhaps too weak now....it's frustrating for sure...

The Singer/lyricist is a Texas gal by the name of Andrea....
she is a super talented writer and a great singer...
(she and my pal Willie just got a cut with Cris LeDoux for his next album)
I had a tough time with the vox for sure.....at least we both use CEP...that helped...

Yes Chris....the guitar is DI......the guit tracks are my Voxvendor 1.5 tracks.....I will re-track them in the near furture with my NT1...
Good ears man....

Jagular....Mrs. Roboto comes on if you are streaming and leave the site......like after ten plays or so....they want them there hits....ya know?

Thanks again everyone,
Joe

I don't like that guitar lick at 2:34 - 2:38 - have the feeling that it doesn't fit in;

the rhythm guitar has been recorded too low and with too much background noise - maybe you should retrack it louder.

she has a sweet voice - like it alot and also like the mood of the tune.
cheers

Bass seems under control man. In fact, it sounds like you've got the perfect KIND of bass in there, b/c when I hit the LOUDNESS button, lol, it warms up a ton. I burnt it right quick and listened in the car, and it had a wee bit if (you'll hate me) mud. You should know that my car has a pretty BOOMY system, but it's really good for checking for those pissy frequencies. It's slight, in my opinion.

Aside from the vocal sync being a bit off at @ 1:30 "MEMORIES ARE LIKE BALLOONS"...(and the DI thing that you're gonna' fix, lol), IT'S GUSHABLE!!.

Hey, since you're using CEP, you might try sliding that backup part ever so slightly to the left on that one line. The backup vocal is the one that's behind, and I know it's a little thing, but it stuck out to me when I listened last night too (I just forgot to mention it), and it's SOOOOO easy to just split that one little part and push it in sync with the lead...just a thought.

I've seen Chris Ledoux a couple of times...I'm not a huge fan or anything, but I'd kill to get a cut on any album that's not entitled "Chris Harris"...lol.

Nice job on the vocal, btw.

Chick has a realy nice voice.A little outta sync in spots but passable.The leads are panned too hard.It disturbes the ear in the headphones.Some twangs here and there but nothing henous.I don't like the guitar tone that much.I preffer a mic rather than a direct input.A little indulgent in the guitar overdubs,but who can blame ya :D!Good mix other than the lead pan.Do more with her,she's golden..

Thanks Chris and W.I.S.C.
it's gonna be a while before I can re-track this one....

My left ear is fried from the flu....
I'm better now but the residual is like a "swimmer's ear" effect....
Doc says it will go away with time but, I can't gauge audio levels or seperation listening in "joro-mono"....

so........until I get better....I better stick to writing lyrics..
Thanks again fellas..
Joe

Back