Faint Aroma Pygmy Beat Extended meets Supercreep

I haven't listened to this yet, Ray. I'll make a mental note to do so when I get home from work.

I like the mix with the reverb better. I can't believe I just wrote that. :) But seriously, there's just a smidge of verb. And it's a pretty small verb at that. The reverb was really well done - exactly how I like it.

Love the singing. Is that you?

Guitar tone was decent. Personal preference, but I'd like just a bit more gain dialed in and a bit more high end - like in the 4K-5K range.

Bass sounds good to me.

Kick sounds good. Cymbals are a little sizzly/hissy. Might be caused by SoundCloud.

Yet another for vocals up, but they're definite not "muffled," just not prominent enough.
Identical thoughts on the drums as stated prev: kick can be heard, but hardly anything else.
like the melody a lot.

Great realisation of your original idea, Ray - you should be proud. As others have said, the vocal could come up a tiny fraction, as could the snare, but have you already said you can't do anything about the individual sounds? The cymbals are a little hissy. Perhaps if you EQ on the master buss you could boost and sweep the treble frequencies closer to 8kHz or something? I like the guitar tones very much. My preference is for a little more bite in the upper mids, which might sort out the slight problem of Casey's vocal not "sitting" comfortably. His vocal is quite strong in the high mids, so a tiny increase in similar frequency content in the guitars might make it more supported.

Like it, though - well done, both of you. :)

Last edited:
Just listened to the third mix. Cymbals sound a lot better. I'm hearing quite a lot of low end that could be very slightly thinned. It's all going in the right direction. :thumbs up:

I like the lead vocal performance, tone, and timbre. At first I was thinking that the drum were back a bit too far but after the vocal came in behind also...I got thinking the panned guitars are too loud in this mix. I like 'em panned and I like the tone...they're just a bit loud. This is mix 2 I'm talking about. Mix 3 is about the same in that regard...and although you said you pulled back the guitars I'm still getting the same impression.

Listened to the third mix in the initial post.

Vocals seem too loud for the music to me. Wait, actually... if I just focus on the vocals and guitars, they seem pretty okay with each other in terms of level, so perhaps the drums and the bass can come up. Either way. Vocs and guitars down or bass and drums up. There seems to be a big imbalance there right now, as I am hearing it.

I like how you have things EQ'd in general. There is a good sense of "top to bottom" positioning I am hearing here with the vocals up top, the guitars in the middle and then the bass. The various drum kit pieces are where they should be.

I like the vocal delivery. Great sense of attitude coming across. Kinda getting a Bon Scott vibe? Dig it.

that was fucking brilliant...total new wave, loved it

great tune, lyrics, vibe

seriously ray, thats a top track

TripleM,
thanks for your thoughts.
The voice is Casey - known hereabouts as Supercreep. There's no gain structure in the guitars - it's guitar straight into amp which has only one knob - volume. I have fiddled with the tone a tad though & hopefully the next upload will reflect that -. Again, thanks.
sammydix,
Ta mate. I've pulled the guitars down a couple of dB for a new mix hopefully this weekend. Drums - well that's BandinaBox so no tweaking. I will have a better drum sound for the next upload though.
Bubba po,
I tried your suggestion re the vox vs guitar - it seems to have some merit. You can decide in the next upload. thanks for your very kind words sir!
StuGort,
Thanks Mr Westralian. I think your suggestion will be clearer in the next mix.
kindafishy,
Casey as Bon. I don't know if he's a fan or will be flattered but there certainly is a sense of purpose in the delivery - lucky me!
Let me know if the next mix still has the same issues.
kcearl,
Aw shucks and thanks.
You'll pobably find the next version is a wee bit better due to the input of an HR maestro.

Back