face-melting guitar awesomeness

BRIEFCASEMANX

Winner chicken dinner!
Hey, got any mix suggestions? Any suggestions on tracking for future reference? Any new barbecue recipes? Help me out, i'm starving.

There is some sibilance problems, but i'll take care of that before all is said and done, it's boring though.

Last edited:
this is awesome. kind of the direction elliot smith was heading on the last album. what kind of guitar do you use?

I didn't write this, just recorded it. I think it was mostly a les paul jr. though, possibly some telecaster got in there too though, i don't remember the exact details. My whole life is a haze.

Are the vocals doubled or did you split one signal? They sound a little muffled but the stereo effect is great. Yeah the sibilance is there as you mentioned....
Claps are a nice touch. Maybe the lead on the solo on the left could be a little louder... Overall a pretty nice sounding mix though..... :cool:

ido1957 said:
Are the vocals doubled or did you split one signal? They sound a little muffled but the stereo effect is great. Yeah the sibilance is there as you mentioned....
Claps are a nice touch. Maybe the lead on the solo on the left could be a little louder... Overall a pretty nice sounding mix though..... :cool:

doubled with a harmony vox track down the center.

Do you guys think it's too midrangey? Someone said it was too bright, but I'm not hearing that other than the sibilance. Also I think I'm gonna back off the limiter about a db or so for the final mix. Give it a bit more breathing room.

I'm not really noticing anything wrong with the vocals (besides the sibilance) or the overall mix. Maybe like Ido mentioned, the left lead could be louder. but overall I think it sounds very good.

Everything is really good except those vocals. They are unintelligible and the sibilance is not helping the matter. I think it's way he sang them. Sounds like a lot of falsetto going on there.

HangDawg said:
Everything is really good except those vocals. They are unintelligible and the sibilance is not helping the matter. I think it's way he sang them. Sounds like a lot of falsetto going on there.

You don't think it's a frequency masking thing?

Back