Thread: F the mix! Just let me know if the song suxs.

Thanks

F the mix! Just let me know if the song suxs.

Sign in to disable this ad
    Are songs posted here always critiqued on the mix? If I post something and ask people to just let me know if the song sucks or not will everyone still rip me a new one because the mix sucks. I知 trying to do my best at getting a decent sound but would rather leave this up to a pro.

I致e got a decent setup, though I do need to invest in a few more items to make the recordings sound a little better. For the most part I知 using it to help arrange songs and capture my ideas. I just have a bad habit of dwelling on a song for weeks and weeks. (If a song has no potential I would rather just let the thing fade from my memory and not get caught up in it.)

My plan is to get a few decently arranged songs together during my spare time at home. Afterwards, I値l start thinking about getting in touch with people to start a project band. My wonderful wife has given me the go ahead to get out there and do what makes me happy.

Sorry for posting in this forum with just a question. If this is the wrong place to ask for help like this would anyone know of a website that is more in line with what I知 asking?

Thanks a bunch

<>~~~~

Thanks
    Just specify which of the two you'd like - it's always nice to hear feedback on both, however. Who knows, you might even get to learn something!!!!!

Or:

http://www.songservice.com/subfor.html
    boomtap

Thanks
    Yeah, I'd go for getting advice on both, you can probably always improve your sound without the new equipment you want, then when you do get the new stuff, it'll be that much better. Just make sure you mention you're looking for mostly song feedback. It's probably a lot easier for the recordists around here to say "take out the 100hz boom on the guitars" then "turn down the suck on that melody."

Thanks
    Hmm, well I'm new here, so it isn't really my job to tell you what this forum is or is not for -- but it's a home recording site, and the forum is called "mixing clinic." I think it exists primarily to get feedback on mixes, and any writing feedback you may receive is a bonus. I'd venture to say posting strictly for the purposes of getting songwriting feedback would belong on a songwriter's forum, no?

Thanks
    I'd say post here if you have a song, and ask for specifics, but be willing to take any advice. Remember, it's only advice, and may even be wrong. If someone says the song sucks, it only means THEY didn't like it. Tough to take, but just one persons ideas. I always try and say something about the song, AND how it sounds mixed, to me. I may think the mix needs something, but if the artist mixed it that way for a reason, then they are right, and I am wrong.

Ed
    Honey Badger is badass...he don't give a shit.

Thread Information