Eyes Wired Open

I love the song, and I can barely hear the noise, because I just fried my ears by listening to some music too loud with headphones. But I do hear it.

Can you get a tighter Q and dial a little closer? Or maybe use some sort of bandpass filter and just type in the numbers?

I love the song!

With the hard work and fresh perspectives of Rokket I think w've managed to eliminate the horrid bits of the previous mix. The vocal doesn't have a lot of top end as a result of the treatments so I had to give it some depth using Blockfish's Close Vocal preset. It works (sort of) I think.
Here's the streamer link:
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6700079&q=hi
& this to the music page if you want to download the MP3 for a sonically better quality version:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandid=469622&content=music
Back to where I was...does the vocal mix work?
THANKS ROKKET!!!
Antichef,
Tried your ideas through Rokket & a bit m'self. Glad you like the song - hope this version sounds better.

Last edited:
Nice mix there, Ray. I can't hear any of that horrid artifact anymore. You rule, man! ;)

Without reading any comments I think it has a mid or early 60's kind of sound but then I was reminded to some degree of the Strokes...very distinct kind of work on the vocals...they seem squashed or shaved of high and low frequency.

I can hear the noise you mentioned now - mainly at the very beginning of the singing. It seems to fade over time... Torn between the two mixes so far. Mix 1 seems to have the vocal floating right along with the music. Mix 2 the vocals take charge and are super easy to follow, making the story come to life more. Tough - I like them both... :D

oops.........:o

I gotta stop using the quick reply when I want to quote someone. I keep forgetting to check the tab to quote.

Without reading any comments I think it has a mid or early 60's kind of sound but then I was reminded to some degree of the Strokes...very distinct kind of work on the vocals...they seem squashed or shaved of high and low frequency.

That was due to what I had to do to get a very high pitch whine out of the track. I think under those circumstances, Ray did a great job getting it where it is.

I do think it could come down a dB or 2, though, Ray. It will sit nicer. But I also agree with ido, that it moves the song along better on top.

Back