Extreme Black/death Metal

metalhead28

Hates Raymond
Okay, so this came about as a joke with some "extreme" metal buddies of mine. I was instructed to create the most extreme, evil song possible and then pimp it on Myspace.com as if it is the newest "ultra-satanic" black metal band out of Norway. This was written, recorded and basically completely created in the span of about 2 hours. This track is called "Hammer of Satan"

By the way, I am not a satanic black metal dude or anything. It's a total put on.....and it's not even supposed to sound very good. What do you think? :p

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=2330

metalhead28 said:
Okay, so this came about as a joke with some "extreme" metal buddies of mine. I was instructed to create the most extreme, evil song possible and then pimp it on Myspace.com as if it is the newest "ultra-satanic" black metal band out of Norway. This was written, recorded and basically completely created in the span of about 2 hours. This track is called "Hammer of Satan"

By the way, I am not a satanic black metal dude or anything. It's a total put on.....and it's not even supposed to sound very good. What do you think? :p

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=2330
Dude, I think it's cool. Those drums just buzzzzz.....
Killer riffs. And the vocals.....man, I need to do me one of these, only maybe a bit more Six Feet Under style.
Anyway cool song, and I love the drop for an ending..... :D
I'd give it a couple horns up....
Ed

Dogman said:
Dude, I think it's cool. Those drums just buzzzzz.....
Killer riffs. And the vocals.....man, I need to do me one of these, only maybe a bit more Six Feet Under style.
Anyway cool song, and I love the drop for an ending..... :D
I'd give it a couple horns up....
Ed

Thanks, dog. Go for it man!

GreenDank said:
Sounds pretty good to me, even if it is a joke.

Thanks!
The only reason I called it a joke was because I'm just not that kind of dude (black metal). It was actually alot of fun and I'm going to do some more material like this. Rediculous aggression is actually a pretty cool thing, puts me in a good mood and everything. :D

LMAO, but beware - you might just find that people love this. I've had several experiences of writing something on a lark and had people like it much more than the serious stuff I was doing. It's a very weird feeling. I even made a real good buck from one of them.

Maybe it's the reckless abandon that attracts people with this stuff because you don't really care.

The singer for a band I played in 2 years ago loved stuff like that. It is fun to listen to sometimes. Good work.

it would be cooler if the 'drummer' wasnt so slow on the double kicks.

holy shit this stuff is freakin wicked. did it get lots of hits on Myspace?? its so over-the-top and extreme that it's cool. nice work.

is that DFHS?

Nice sounding, good recording.
Original, and breathtaking :D :eek: comming to a church near you :D

No but seriously, I liked it.
I`ll make sure to pass it allong to my die hard Black metal buddy :)

Reminds me of a more musical Circle of Dead Children :eek:

Good productionwork, though- What equipment were you using on the guitars?

Thanks guys!

Yes that is DFHS for the drums.

The guitars are two tracks with a 5150 II and two tracks with a Boss Metal Zone pedal cranked to hell (I know, I know, haha).
Actually I wish I had recorded the guitars way harsher. I may have to redo that someday to make it really grating. :p

Fun

This Kicks Ass.

Everyone has a little Satan in 'em.

The drums sound programmed.... I've only heard one or two drummers who could really play like that...

Hi

This is very good, and recorded in 2 hours, wow. I would like to see the drummer in video. Nice work.

/Jack Real.

Jack Real said:
Hi

This is very good, and recorded in 2 hours, wow. I would like to see the drummer in video. Nice work.

/Jack Real.

Yeah me too. Unfortunately it would just be a video of me with a mouse....haha. I think the drums could probably sound way more realistic, but I just didn't spend enough time on it. Maybe later.

Thanks!

Drum

northsiderap said:
The drums sound programmed.... I've only heard one or two drummers who could really play like that...

It's obviously programmed drum by listening to the hi-hat.

But many many drummers can play that fast. This is basicaly the average speed of drumming in the "death/black" world.
ie:
Flo Mounier (Cryptopsy)
Max Duhamel (Kataklysm)
Gene Hoglan (Death, Strapping Young Lad)
Hellhammer (Mayhem)
James King (Origin)
Nick Barker (Dimmu Borgir)
Dave Culross (Malevolent Creation, Hate Plow)
Pete Sandoval (Morbid Angel)
etc...
cool song btw

:D CarcPazu :D

Yeah, you're right about the drums. I will probably tweak the programming a little to actually try and make this sound real, haha
Thanks for the listen.

Careful or all the Dimmu and Old mans child fans will be jumping on this like white on rice lol. Very convincing for a mere 2 hours worth of work. I like some stuff in this genre but I tend to take most of the artist not nearly as serious as other metal genres. The whole corpse paint and spikes look is almost as bad as rappers trying to have the most "bling".

Wireneck said:
Careful or all the Dimmu and Old mans child fans will be jumping on this like white on rice lol. Very convincing for a mere 2 hours worth of work. I like some stuff in this genre but I tend to take most of the artist not nearly as serious as other metal genres. The whole corpse paint and spikes look is almost as bad as rappers trying to have the most "bling".

Thanks Wireneck. You know, having no involvement in the genre whatsoever actually makes this stuff pretty fun to work on, haha. I think I might just feel a few more songs coming on in the near future along with a more serious production effort!

Thanks!

If it doesn't sound like it was recorded on an old answering machine in the middle of a dark forrest that is hidden inside a satanic cave somewhere in Norway......Its not true Black Metal. Just keep that in mind ok? haha

Back