Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: everything

Thanks

everything

Sign in to disable this ad
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=1075&alid=-1

'everything'

My studio's days are numbered. We can see the bulldozers through the trees, things are getting noisier every day, and it's just a matter of time before we have to move (they're putting an expressway just beside our place - two years of construction noise and then six lanes of heavy traffic 24/7). So we're outta here. I want to get this album done before my studio goes tits up. So my whole life is organized and centered around the production of music. That's why I'm posting stuff here about once a week. It'll slow down soon enough, honest.

Thanks

Re: everything

Originally posted by dobro
    It'll slow down soon enough, honest.
    That's unfortunate.

Paul, you're stuff is improving exponentially in my opinion. Particularly in its energy. I am loving the chorus in this. I really like the vocals in this one, and I think you've mixed them just right.
    I gotta shut up for a sec...it's getting even better...

Wow, what a terrific build-up!!!

Second listen...

Damn, I like this leaps and bounds over your other stuff. Don't take that wrong, I love your music, but this one just really grabs me.

My only mix comment might be maybe a little warmer bass sound. I found it a bit distracting...not a lot, just enough to pull me away here and there from the excellent vocal ideas.

Let us know when that cd is done. I expect it will be very good after hearing this tune.

Tom

Thanks

Thumbs up Nice guitar

I forgot to also add that I really dug the guitar work too.

Thanks
    Hey Dobro -- More great stuff. If what I have heard so far is all going on your album, then this thing is going to rock. I need to know where I can get a copy!

Very cool one here. A little more low-key. I dig your vocals (on this they kind of remind me of Dylan a little bit - meant in a good way)

Everything sounds mixed well over here. I like the chorus and the use of delay (?) towards the end. This is very cool. Love that build up!

Thanks

dobro

You must get settled in to your new place quickly so you can keep giving us the gift of your unique musical vision.

Hell, if it's too crowded where you are we can always make room for one more talent here!!!!

This song really is something isn't it?
    I REALLY like this.
    Good luck on the move dobro..............

Dan

AMITYVILLE, NY 110110100101000101010 ----- I live in the ----- HORROR HOUSE
    Thanks
    Dobro,

Very different song.

Sounds exceptional.

EXCEPTIONAL !!!!

Crystal clear. I hope to achieve this level of recording/mixing ability.

Dropping 5.

Sean

Thanks

Talking about Everything ...

Nice quality harp sound in the beginning, the little froggy sound is cute.
    The vocal is mixed nicely out front. I can understand EVERY word without struggling, very fine job !
    That you have set up these sounds to form the basis to sing over is fascinating and very original.

I like these backup-additional-harmony vocals, and I know you are frantic now that you see the demise of your studio, and I'm very sorry to hear this is going to happen.

For the mix of the backup vocals early in the tun, try letting one of the backups be the 'leader' for the group:

example :

backup vocal 1 : 0db, (lead)
    backup vocal 2 : -2db, (second)
    backup vocal 3 : -5db, (third)

your layering and layering of voices starting at 3:45 gets very intense without being 'grating' , very, very ... nice effect. That's a lot of mixing work and we appreciate that work.

That you have written a song placing you as the central figure being acted upon in the song, and that song is about technology ... I think it's about sending and recieving data, is a big accomplisment. A lot of folks try to do this and it turns out stale and contrived, but yours is very original. Yes, you are developing a very original style.

One suggestion, when your voice is 'exposed' in the verses, the drum might come down 1db, maybe 2db, I realize the drum here is sort of a 'genre' thing, but it's as if you are standing in the middle of all this 'DATA', maybe that drum should be less intimate, but only during the verses, during the CHORUS HOOKS, the drum is essential as a focus point, and for dynamic contrast, it can come back up ...

The mix cuts off a little early, at 'yakking', at about 3:55 ...

I could listen to this over, and over again ... it's smooth

This is a groovy song dude, a KEEPER !
    Performing and recording with real violin, viola, and cello for bands and artists.

In the nether lands between boredom and excitement, NV
    Thanks
    The vocals on this are really wierd. Did you mean to sing it like this?

Outside of that, I'm really liking this. Kinda like Primus meeting King Crimson via Peter Gabriel.

Thanks
    Excellent. Yeah, I hear Dylan in this (and how could that *not* be a compliment?). I think I agree that a slightly "bassier" bass might be cool. But that just depends on what you're going for - it doesn't sound bad as is. The low end is definitely dominated by the kick here.

Great freakin' singing on this.

Chris

Thanks
    Nice production. The sour note in the last chorus was cool. Song was well laid out, I liked the extra rounds of the chourus at the end.

This strikes me one of those mixes that would proably sound just as good on a home stereo. No big subsonics and lots of punch.

I'm not too sure about the very ending.

Thread Information