Everybody - Recorded on a Korg D8 in 2009

Pub Style

You Are The Walrus
https://audiomonsterrecords.com/track/452499/everybody?autostart=true

Here's to hoping that the copy/paste widget works:guitar:

Of course I used some preamp and outboard gear but I kept it basic. The Korg D8 has only two 1/4 inch inputs so I had to get very crafty by running drum mics kick, mono tom mic and mono overhead (AT4033) into my (at the time) little 4 channel mixer and use its line out into the Korg on track 1. The snare mic I left for the D8's second input so I could have at least some kind of mix freedom with the drums.

Filled up tracks three through six with bass and left/right guitar tracks, then bounced all to track7/8 in stereo. With the other six tracks I added lead and clean guitar and of course vocals.

I would like to redo the thing utilizing my current setup.

It sounded great. Great song too.

As someone who listens to songs as the best a person can do at the time, unless you plan on making the new version MASTER CD quality, I wouldn't redo this. It sounds great as it is.

I'm just not the person to tell you it's master ready. In 2017 an 8 track recording probably isn't. But, it still sounds great. Hope that makes sense.

I thought it sounded good. A little too much reverb on the vocal. Slight murkiness in the low end.

I too thought the reverb was a little too much on the vocal, but that's a genre and/or personal taste thing. The kick could use a little more oomph, just enough to move some air out of the sub. :D

All else sounds good. Not the kind of stuff I listen to, but the song rocks and all aspects are done well.
The singer sure can hit those high notes. :eek:

Cool man. Thanks for sharing.

Indeed, the reverb on the vocal was a genre thing but the compression may have emphasized it a little more than I would like now, 8 years later. When I mixed my own voice back then I had a tendency to add a little too much.

Back