Erection

dwillis45

Número sesenta nueve
I've already posted My Girl's Pussy and She Gave You Syphilis. So I thought I'd post the third part of the trilogy: Erection.

It's a cover of an old song from the early 80's by a group called Meg and The Suspects.

YouTube

Let me know what you think about the song or erections in general :D

Attachments

• Erection.mp3
    5.9 MB · Views: 8
I don't know the original but your delivery reminds me of Grace Jones for some reason. I like your guitar sounds. Keys and bass fit well. It's almost like something Television would have done. Hell all those 80s bands sound the same :D

I don't know the original but your delivery reminds me of Grace Jones for some reason. I like your guitar sounds. Keys and bass fit well. It's almost like something Television would have done. Hell all those 80s bands sound the same :D

If only I could be Grace Jones. But that would take some work. She's everything I'm not: black, Jamaican, a former supermodel, a record producer, a woman, and a singer. :D I could probably transition to the woman part, but I'd have to talk to my wife first.

I think there was an archetypal 80's sound and those songs did all sound alike. They share a lot in common with today's pop music which is highly overproduced and, to my ear, all sounds the same. The music was slightly more dynamic, though, with a lot less compression. There was also a tendency to over-reverb sounds, but the real 80's sound that no one ever mentions is chorus.

This particular song, however, is in another class IMHO. It's very clean, very sparse, with dynamic range. Even after the vinyl to YouTube transition. Of course, I'm a sucker for basic. If you can't do it in less than ten tracks (or fewer), what's the point. The rest is just engineering muscle and technology.

I like the comparison to Television, although my first thought was Pylon--mostly because of the female vocals.

That was pretty cool.

Is the long instrumental interlude your arrangement or from the original? If the former, I might trim it a little bit.

Comparing it to the original now...

Yours is brighter, definitely. You have a more dynamic vocal delivery.

That was pretty cool.

Is the long instrumental interlude your arrangement or from the original? If the former, I might trim it a little bit.

Comparing it to the original now...

Yours is brighter, definitely. You have a more dynamic vocal delivery.

It's easy to be dynamic compared to the original singer. :D

She really made a point of being flat, which can sound cool in a female vocal--especially 40 years ago.

Me singing flat would probably sound like a voiceover.

Back