Elliott Smith Cover

frequencyjones

hello everybody! i am new here, this is my first post. i am submitting this song for the sake of feedback on recording and mixing quality. it is only composed of acoustic guitar and vocals, but i thought you guys may offer up some useful advice on overall quality. thank you for listening and an extra special thanks for feedback. this place is great!

http://www.nowhereradio.com/nologo/singles

Between the Bars

ps. the larger play icon indicates a higher level of quality playback, in case you didn't know.

did i do something wrong? nobody has responsed yet. how long does it usually take to get responses? again, i am new, please be patient with me...i guess i have to do the same with all of you. :)

The performance is great...the guitar sound could use a little tweaking -is it an acoustic electric that you plugged in? If so, it would benefit from also mic'ing it if possible to get a broader frequency spectrum...it's mostly highs to my ears. the vocal...maybe a little less reverb and boost the hi eq a little...you could probably turn it up a little bit too, as it gets lost under the guitar sometimes.

Other than that it sounds good keep it up!

You have a really nice voice - very pure. I'm jealous. I agree with the point about the guitar sound, it lacks a bit of richness. Although I can't tell much from the sound that my laptop speakers give out, it does seem a little sharp and tizzy.

But great choice of song, and excellent performance. :)

trodor and mook,

thank you so much for listening and responding to my version of this song..the guitar is both mic'd and plugged in, though the plugged in signal is dominant. i like how crisp it makes my Martin sound, it usually comes across incredibly boomy otherwise...i think it may be your speakers, i am mixing on a set of balanced Cerwin Vegas and the guitar sounds bassy through them..your advice is well taken however. i will play around with some eq'in and the same for the vocals. i really appreciate the nice comments guys about the performance and my voice, i am rather uncomfoatable with it. you will be getting more, i hope you stick with me..:) :) :) :)

Back