Thread: Elephant Head

Thanks

Elephant Head

Sign in to disable this ad
    This was a fun experiment...it’s an instrumental piece with some obscure eastern scales and traditional Indian instruments. Opinions on the mix?

Last edited by frank1985; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:54.

Thanks
    Pretty complex music. Enjoyed it. Great tone on the instruments. I downloaded a suite of Indian instruments but having some problems with the plugins. How much of this was midi?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mark skinner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for listening! It’s all midi, via NI’s Discovery Series: India. Though I mixed with WAVES plugins rather than the inbuilt fx, which aren’t great imo

What plugins are you having trouble with as maybe I or someone else can help.

Thanks
    Those were the best and most real sounding tracks I've ever heard using midi Indian instruments. I searched all over the internet for some tambura loops and found nothing even close to the huge full sound you've gotten. I'll check out the NI's collection. I was trying out a freebee DSK suite. Not very convincing. You could probably put some loops out for sale , There's not much out there for people like me who just want to do some experimental stuff. Thanks for the info .. Superb job on the performance and mix. mark

Thanks
    That's pretty cool.

What's doing the lowest bass notes?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark skinner View Post
    Those were the best and most real sounding tracks I've ever heard using midi Indian instruments. I searched all over the internet for some tambura loops and found nothing even close to the huge full sound you've gotten. I'll check out the NI's collection. I was trying out a freebee DSK suite. Not very convincing. You could probably put some loops out for sale , There's not much out there for people like me who just want to do some experimental stuff. Thanks for the info .. Superb job on the performance and mix. mark
    Thanks man.....yeah check it out - it's pretty affordable as well, as are their other ethnic libraries

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VomitHatSteve View Post
    That's pretty cool.

What's doing the lowest bass notes?
    cheers, it's a very basic FM tone for the most part, plus an analog mono synth that comes in half way. then there's the Tanpura a little further up the register...kind of like a sitar, but bassier...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to frank1985 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Definitely sound Indian. Mix sounds fine over here. Was that a funny edit around 2.52? I wish they played this kind of music at my local curry house instead of that godawful bollywood soundtrack disco schmaltz. Interesting tones. I like the way it changes gears around 11.20

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulls Hit View Post
    Definitely sound Indian. Mix sounds fine over here. Was that a funny edit around 2.52? I wish they played this kind of music at my local curry house instead of that godawful bollywood soundtrack disco schmaltz. Interesting tones. I like the way it changes gears around 11.20
    Hey Bull, thanks for listening man....no funny edit at that point.

haha, i know what you mean....the modern bollywood disco stuff drives me crazy....old school is fine though, in a 'it's so bad it's good' kind of way

Thanks
    Great work! I totally enjoyed, especially the change-up and follow-up with the strings.

Timbo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to YellowDwarf For This Useful Post:

Thread Information