electro-acoustic track

jfxx

hello folks. been working on a little mostly electronic track, i guess my goal with it was to establish mood, i want it to be the intro track to the cd i'm trying to put together.. i wanted it to come on a valium pill and then suddenly drop into ethereal tension.. or something like that. i'd love to hear what you guys think. thanks..

link:

Bass instrument (guitar?) is a bit loud. It may be okay at that level if it wasn't a sweet note that tends to resonate real well, but it overtakes the rest of the song.

I like the techno effect with a hint at 'something more'. What sort of intro are you doing? Is this for a techno album or you going to bust into some serious thrash on track 2? I should probably stop saying this, as I'm sure there's more bands than this that do this style music, but it reminds me of radiohead. :p Okay, the pitch bends remind me of Trent reznor's stuff a little too. Not bad - you're hitting 2 of the leftover acts from the 1990s. :D

Overall I like this, but if it's an intro to astonish I would only think that would work on a non-techno CD (a kind of "surprise!" effect). Otherwise it's just meh techno/trance.

The mix works good overall, just that issue with the bass on certain notes.

it's definitely the most techno-ish of the songs. i'm too a.d.d with my songwriting and taste in production to make a single genre kind of record. i'm going to post more of them in the very near future.
thanks for the words, i appreciate it.
post90s radiohead's good if you ask me. ain't no ok computer though.

Back