Electric Lettuce and the Birth of Seth

dmcsilva

I haven't posted anything here in about 4 months so I feel like a cherry all over again. This one is a pretty relaxing instrumental. Let me know what you guys think.

dmc

Well..i would have loved to check it out..
but it would not play. I have a cable modem
and DL'd it twice. Both times NG. Winamp
would come up and show the tune name and that's it. Maybe it got corrupted on the UL'd???

:(

Ric:

Sorry about that. I posted my topic before upload was complete. You posted your message at 12:43; upload was completed at 12:44. If you want to try again, you'll probably have success.

dmc

[This message has been edited by dmcsilva (edited 04-30-2000).]

Well I think that's a very "Dead" sound.
It got my SG plugged into a POD
small tweed/drive 6/output 7/no effects
to record another guitar line. This time I tried sending the POD outs through the line ins on the front panel of my dbx 386, then on to the PC via the S/PDIF outs. The reason for not going direct into the GINA out of the POD was I wanted to use the multiple feeds (simultaneous and independent analog and digital) on the dbx to create a rough mix in headphones that I could listen to while I jammed along. Too bad my playing isn't up to par... :(
Keep 'em coming!

finally got it...good groove, real moody in a good way...so what all did you use to record...the subtle cymbal sound throughout the song ending in the bongo thang was absolutely perfect for this tune...were they canned?...if so they were used damn well.....gibs

Ric:
Thanks for listening. I have to admit I've never heard of Robert Fripp, so I looked into him-pretty interesting guy. I appreciate the comparison.

doc:
Appreciate your evaluation as well. If I am interpreting your meaning correctly, the "deadness" of this one comes from the fact that everything was recorded direct to the board-I didn't even use the Pod.

S2K:
Yeah, I'll get it to Juston tonight. Funny thing about mindspring is that when I was in Tampa, I had no problems (from my end) with it re: connecting or connection speed. Now that I am here in Austin (supposedly one of the hubs of connectivity), my connection seems much slower. Must be more congested here. I've looked into DSL here, and it's not even available in my area; yet, I'm 5 minutes from Dell, Motorola, and probably half of this years' dot com IPO's...go figure.

Gibs:
Thanks for taking the time to download and listen to this. All of the guitars and bass were run straight through a mackie board using the on-board preamps with a Boss Eq in the F/X loop. I colored the guitar tracks with Cakewalk AmpSim. And yeah, the drums are canned. I was gonna give the drums some more attention, but there comes a point when I'm messing with a drum track where I finally gotta say enough is enough and let it be. I actually thought I was gonna get some static regarding the drum track-I'm glad you liked it.

dmc

[This message has been edited by dmcsilva (edited 05-03-2000).]

I agree with Emeric on the bass guitar. I love it. What kind of bass are you using? Great job, it's a nice sounding tune.

I appreciate all of your input.
The bass is an Ibanez SR1200; I picked it up used in a music store. It's got a neck thru body design with a maple neck and body. It also has active emg's. It is probably the punchiest sounding bass I've ever played-even unplugged. I am glad Ibanez discontinued it, because that dropped the resale value down to within my budget.

dmc

Phew... finally got some time to d/l and listen to it... I agree whole heartedly with everyone elses comments... especially the bassline... very cool indeed. Great work dmc!!!

Hey dmc...

I actually downloaded this tune a week or more ago but never posted anything (lazy).

This is a pretty cool tune man. It's got a kind of cool "going nowhere but still getting somewhere" feel to it if ya know what I mean. Very relaxing but enough going on to be interesting. You've got a lot of melodies happening all at once...you & doc would get along well :) Plus it feels like odd time but is straight 4...I like that!

I really some of the drums. Programmed yes? Really good work.

Slackmaster 2000

Back