Electric Blue - Shining Sun

ajsajs

Hey all,
Haven't mixed/produced in a long time but tryna get back into it. Blues/rock song that could use some bashing ASAP. Thanks in advance.
Ari

Attachments

• Electric Blue - Shining Sun (demo).mp3
    5.8 MB · Views: 19
Since no one has commented, I'll be the first to say this is really good. I really like how the instruments work together, how the verse flows into the pre-chorus/chorus and how you changed up the vocals on the second verse. Idk if it's the earbuds but this sounds really professional. The only thing i'd maybe say to nitpick is the guitar is a *little* to loud and in the first verse I can kind of sometimes hear the singer open/close her mouth (but if that's there to add to the song, I totally understand it).

I'm sorry I can't give you any more constructive feedback but I think this is a very solid track and I'd def like to hear more of your songs. :listeningmusic:

Click at 0:15. Could be an mp3 artifact, but I'd double check it's not an edit glitch.

The big thing that really sticks out to me is that mouth noises are very loud. Lots of lip smacks.

I love the feel/mood of this. I especially liked the vox intro where the voice is doing a warm, intimate 'hmmmm', etc. and it totally matches with the electric piano. I was a tad disappointed when that timbre changed. I wonder if a bit less reverb and an EQ adjustment would remove the strident clarity of the lyrics part, making them sound more warm and intimate in line with the intro. The guitar work is very good; I would have mixed it down in the choruses to let the vocal come through more and provide contrast when it came back in for another verse.
Thanks for the listen, I enjoyed it!

Hi Ari

Really love the intro. The vocal effect sounds lovely. Agree that the mouth noises jump out a little. Muffled beat and guitar layers are great.

The song kind of shifts into alt rock territory when the first chorus drops - it's nice, but the first verse is still the standout part to me.

At 02:56 the vocals sound a little odd, like the words aren't quite in sync. Not sure - might be worth having a closer listen there.

The song also feels like it ends too abruptly - I'd consider extending an outro, maybe gradually reverting back to the vibe you introduced at the beginning of the song.

Overall I really like the vibe in this - great stuff.

---------- Update ----------

Click at 0:15. Could be an mp3 artifact, but I'd double check it's not an edit glitch.

The big thing that really sticks out to me is that mouth noises are very loud. Lots of lip smacks.

nice spot at 0:15!

Back