Eagles Cover Tune

Zetajazz44

This is the music only, no vocals tracked, of the Eagles song "One of These Nights". I set up my recording rig at practice and gave it a shot. Have a listen and give me your opinions.

One of These Nights

Thanks in advance,

SBax said:
Do the MP3 at 192. The 128 shredded the cymbals.

Thanks for the tip! I went ahead and replaced the original MP3 in this thread with one that is at 256. I also uploaded another MP3, also at 256, that I did last night. This is "the same mix", meaning that I didn't touch the faders or any other effects, the only thing I added was "McDSP Analog Channel" saturation to each track/channel. Please have a listen to this one and give me your opinions as well.

One of These Nights - with McDSP Analog Channel

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
nice, the symbal (ride?) seems a bit distractantly loud, or ringy, dunno, thats my only concern. (near the beggining) the rect sounds awsome.

Mix is leaning slightly left in my PC speakers - mainly the guitars I think. The solo sounds like its panned slightly left also. I agree the ride is a bit prominent at the beginning, but only there.

- excellent playing on all instruments
- good balance and separation, everything clear and easy to hear
- sweet tones on the rhythm and lead guitars
- nice patch for the synth - B3?
- ready for vocals to be added

Good job - great sound at 256 BTW

Thanks all!

Yes, I've been told since that the cymbal was a bit loud/ringy..etc., and I agree. I'll fix that in my next mixing session. The mix sounded a bit left heavy in my monitors as well, but I put the PAZ Analyzer on it, and it seemed to be right down the middle.. I guess I should have trusted my ears...

Again, thanks for all of your comments. I'm just learning as I go, trying to get a good sound.

There were 3 synth tracks. The piano and strings were recorded directly from a Roland G-1000. The organ track was MIDI sequenced with the Roland G-1000 and patched with Native Instrument's B4.

The guitar was a 'late model' (not sure what year or model) Fender Strat played through a GNX-3000, with a bit of Digidesign Medium Delay added during mixdown. At the beginning, the guitar player overdubbed the twin part. The rest of the song is 1 guitar only.

The drums were recorded directly from a Roland TD6, with the exception of the cymbals and hi-hat which were tracked using Rode NT5's going directly into the pre's on my Digi001.

The bass is a "cheap" guitar, can't remember the brand, from Musician's Friend, recorded direct into a Presonus MP20 compressed on the way in with a RNC compressor.

Again, I appreciate all of your comments, as I'm a bit lost in this genre of music. My primary genre is Bluegrass, so this is my first rodeo with electric instruments and this genre.

Thanks again,

Last edited:
Back