dypson by minds eye a new d'n'bass track

Hi there,

I don't know a whole lot about the genre. So I can't be a whole lot of use.

FWIW - it sounds to me like the real thing. Heaps of bottom end, but that is what you are going for, after all.

Samples weren't too repetitive for me. I liked your distorted drums @ 1:00.

The sweepy part that comes in after that, I would have liked to hear a little more ambience on to make it sit better with your backing.

Cool change @ 1:50 - I think I smell Rebirth or Reason here? Or do you have an 808 :D?

2:45ish the distortion on the edges of the drums sort of annoyed me.

3:09ish - I like the cacophony of the phone tones. Nice.

OK - I am nearly tired of the sampled "I'm gonna kick...." voice, but that is probably just me with this genre.

Again don't like the extreme of distortion on the drum at 4:00 - stopped being musical enough for me, but I like everything else that's going on at the time.

All in all, I'd say you've done a good job. Please let me know what tools you are using.

Thanks for posting!

:) Q.

Hi qwerty,

thanks for your accurate listening.

The track was recorded with Ableton Live along with a real drum machine and a 303 emulator, plus various samples from my collection.
I also used Microkorg for pads and some sounds.

cheers.

www.mindseye.it

Thanks for the info, dub.

I really like some of your soundscapes in this and I am always fascinated to see how other people are making their music.

I have Reason -- mostly use it for it's samplers to reproduce real instruments. I have played with tweaking stuff a bit, but nothing that goes in depth as this.

Well done.

Q.

Back