Dylanesque.... fair warning

Kjam,

Awesome! I really like what you did with the lyrics to this classic Dylan song "Chimes of Freedom". You added some very spiritual lyrics.

In fact, I think I like your cover version better than Springsteen's version!! That says a lot my friend.

This one's a keeper for me. Good work.

KF

Personally, I got a kick out of this! I'm a big Dylan fan. Obviously, its Chimes Of Freedom with new lyrics. The recording really captured that Dylan feel--the harmonica and especially the organ--plus the vocal delivery. Very convincing live band sound you have going here. Makes me want to hear some of your all original tunes in a big way.

Ever hear Idiot Wind--the bootleg or original NY sessions track. He says:

Lady killers load dice on me behind my back
and imitators steal me blind

Well, thats what Bob said when he called me up tonight:D

Oh--I liked the false start too. I love that kind of stuff!

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I'm not familiar with that bootleg Crawdad. Got lots of Dylan albums though. I took a much needed vacation day from work..... and just played music all day. This deal was the result.

I have something you need to hear. PM me with your address.

And, I'm into vacation days. I don't think musicians should HAVE to work at all, ya know? :D

Hey Crawdad,

Zimmy also called me the other day to clarify the lyrics. Unfortunately, I still couldn't make out what he said over the phone!

KF

LOL... You know... I saw him in concert a couple of years back... expecting the worst I was just going because it was him... and I was plesantly surprised. He engaged the crowd... and was up beat... and was understandable. It was a very very good show. And my wife (who is NOT a fan) even enjoyed it.

I was gonna ask if you need a copy of my lyrics to understand it. :) I should have slurred it worse than I did.

Thanks Smokepole.... I appreciate the kind words.

That bottom sound is a Shure Beta 52 stuck inside the kick... and a direct bass.

Back