Drunk Driver

I just stepped in to say I have always liked your voice. Its unique and fun and I think any song like this you make, would sound good because of it. This is a really cool song, good job.

I appreciate that, Bruthish. I never cared for it myself. Sometimes when I listen to a song with me singing, though, I think to myself, "If I didn't know that was me, I'd think that this guy sounds like a real asshole." So I got that going for me.

rayc said:
Successsssss.
Did you consider loud gang vocals on the intro?
Sounds like the main Sydney punk band from around 78 - The Thought Criminals.
It's their style/arrangement that matches.
Bass sounds pretty good though may need a little shaved from the bottom.
Nifty little ditty quite well executed.

Thanks. I actually did louder "gang"-style vocals on the version I recorded a year ago (probably 4 tracks of yelling instead of 2, and I had them turned up louder). I didn't do it this time because it was probably 4 in the morning when I got to doing the intro vocals, and I remember thinking that I was going to wake up my neighbors or something. I'll look up the Thought Criminals. I hope they don't have Australian accents, though. That just drives me up the wall.

FoulPhil said:
LOL cool song. It makes me want to drink and drive. It's sounds really cool. Mix wise I think it's lacking some clarity. There is this free plugin I started using recently that is amazing in my opinion. I use it now on every track. It's made an extremely noticeable difference to my stuff.

Hey man, if just one person decides to drive drunk after hearing this song, it was all worth it. I'll check out the plugin. I hope it's not hard to use, I'm usually plastered when I screw around with my recordings.

Careful searching for The Thought Criminals - there's a pommy mob with the same name but a different game.
Try it was the 1st I bought of them - a mail order EP in 1979 or so called Food For Thought Crimes.

Hey man, if just one person decides to drive drunk after hearing this song, it was all worth it. I'll check out the plugin. I hope it's not hard to use, I'm usually plastered when I screw around with my recordings.

It's easy. You put it on a track and it has a little joy stick thingy you can click on and movie around until it sounds clearer. I enable and disable to make sure it hasn't taken anything noticeable away from the track. Over all it gives things a bit of a nice sounding sparkle as well.

Back