Drums too LOUD?

MAC2

This is a re-mix of a tune Buck62 and I did a while back called Life Gets In The Way. Brad Athery was kind enough to add some violin to it for us. Buck thinks the drums are over the top and I don't think they're all that bad....anyway any comments would be appreciated...

Life Gets In The Way

Man that's freakin' good! Drums are NOT too loud. The recording sounds big. And the violin is just the shiznit! Great job!

I don't think the drums are so much too loud, they just don't seem to fit the song. Maybe try some different sounds. In my experience appying EQ to sampled drums usually makes 'em sound worse. Better to just get sounds that fit.

The song itself is pretty dry and up-front, which makes the drums stand out even more.

wow man, great tune.. The drums are so not too loud.. I agree MBrane, different sounds. Really good song tho man. Great job.

The cymbals and hi-hat were ok for me, it's just the kick and snare that I would change. Definitely keep that violin!

Twist

Thanks Sydfan! Appreciate you taken the time to listen & comment. I kinda liked the boomyness in the drums but when my partner pointed out they were a little over the top I thought hmmmm.....maybe they are a little. Trying to get motivated to go through the trouble of a re-mix (I'd have to load and arrange all the tracks all over again:mad: ) I agree, Brad did a fantastic job on the fiddle!

M.Brane: I hear what you're saying about the dryness of the whole thing. This was originally recorded at Buck's on his AKAI DPS16. I burned those tracks to cd and then "played" them into my 'puter to Sonar. Brad did his tracks at his place and I imported them into the tune from a cd he mailed and the mix was on! There was a version (minus violin) mixed on the AKAI that had better reverbs but for this version I was just starting to learn Sonar. About all I could do with changing the "sound" of the drums would be to eq them or have Buck re-record them. Thanks for giving the tune a listen!

Hey soundprizm: Glad you liked the tune!....I came up with the progression & Buck did the lyrics....thanks!

Twist: Thanks for stopping by and listening.....the violin sure did fill in the holes in this one :D

Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8
Could not connect to server

Back