Drumber Contest

chrisharris

King of Bling
Last XL Jamfest T-Shirt goes free of charge (i.e., you don't even pay shipping) to the first drumber who provides a dry stereo mp3 file at 320kbps that takes this song from demo to done-o.

(I take my daughter to college in Colorado on Tuesday, and this is the last tune we need drums for). :D

120 BPM - GOOD LUCK!!!!

Yeah, I like how a "contest" sounds a tad less like I'm begging for drum tracks.

Last XL Jamfest T-Shirt goes free of charge (i.e., you don't even pay shipping) to the first drumber who provides a dry stereo mp3 file at 320kbps that takes this song from demo to done-o.

(I take my daughter to college in Colorado on Tuesday, and this is the last tune we need drums for). :D

120 BPM - GOOD LUCK!!!!

Yeah, I like how a "contest" sounds a tad less like I'm begging for drum tracks.

yet more proof that you and your whole damn family have a retarded amount of talent. sounds really fantastic, man.

i'll gladly give this a stab, but there are 2 problems:

1. my file transfer process is really clunky, and it'd probably take less time for some people to get you a finished track before i even had the file in my daw.

2. you've heard my drumming. i'm bound to overthink this thing and give you some ridiculously overwrought track that you wouldn't even want to use.

i dunno, i may give it shot. :o

i dunno, i may give it shot. :o

I hope you do. I feel like you need another shirt! But if you don't, I appreciate you just taking the time to listen.

(please try...you're fucking great)

I can fix some timing things here and there. You'll notice the acoustic guitar edits...I'll retrack them after I get some drums, but I was more concerned with them being in time right now than sounding good. Jaimee kinda' wanders on her guitar tracks.

Last edited:
oh sure, blame it on yer innocent daughter!!! :D

chris, i loaded the track into my daw and i'll work on the drums tomorrow after work. i'll should have a .wav sent to you by tuesday. hope that's soon enough.

oh sure, blame it on yer innocent daughter!!! :D

chris, i loaded the track into my daw and i'll work on the drums tomorrow after work. i'll should have a .wav sent to you by tuesday. hope that's soon enough.

Listen to you with your "I'll do more than what's required" schtick. I'll take an mp3 or I'll take nothing!

ok chris, i have the drum track done, but i'm a little unsure if it's going to be what you want for the song. i think it sounds pretty good, and of course i set out to serve to song, but i also made the drums a bit interesting and injected my own style. nothing ridiculous, but not exactly typical for a folk-type track.

anyway, i'd post it right now except i'm out of cd-rs (yes, this is the clunky file transfer process i was talking about). oh wait, no i'm not out of them--i actually have about 100 of them, but none of them work in my fucking archaic harman kardon burner!!! :mad:

so tomorrow i'll pick up some cd-rs and get this thing to you. hope you dig it.

Is this anywhere in the ballpark? I can play it cleaner and better developed but wanted to see if it's even within your concept.

CHECK NEXT POST, BETTER I THINK
ac

Last edited:
Is this anywhere in the ballpark? I can play it cleaner and better developed but wanted to see if it's even within your concept.

CHECK NEXT POST, BETTER I THINK
ac

Win.

This is excellent. Your daughter is an excellent singer, Chris!

-Holden

sorry guys...I'm on the road in Colorado and my connection is so slow that it took the "smilies" about 4 minutes to load. It doesn't look like I'll be able to listen until I get back on Monday.

It also appears that my ftp expired and the host isn't responding, so I'm sorry about this thread.

I'll post back on Monday, but thanks to those of you that have taken a crack at it. The only one I got to hear before I left was "bentrabbit's," and I uploaded it here:

Hope he doesn't mind me outing him, lol.

Hope that works. Anyway, I'm not trying to be rude...technology is fucking me in the rear!!!!

sorry guys...I'm on the road in Colorado and my connection is so slow that it took the "smilies" about 4 minutes to load. It doesn't look like I'll be able to listen until I get back on Monday.

It also appears that my ftp expired and the host isn't responding, so I'm sorry about this thread.

I'll post back on Monday, but thanks to those of you that have taken a crack at it. The only one I got to hear before I left was "bentrabbit's," and I uploaded it here:

Hope that works. Anyway, I'm not trying to be rude...technology is fucking me in the rear!!!!
That sounds like a guy who just won a t-shirt... :cool:

oh i wish i was "technology." :eek::D

i'm cool with whatever you decide--i feel like kinda the underdog here anyway, but let us know what you decide.

of course, you'll be wrong if you don't pick me. but i'm cool with that. :cool:

Quicksand 3

I had another run at the tune. Flappy wood snare on choruses on this. Same side snare on verses. A little more drive.
ac

I had another run at the tune. Flappy wood snare on choruses on this. Same side snare on verses. A little more drive.
ac

That one gets my vote.

But man, this song is great! Awesome vibe, perfect vocals, sweet bassline, guitars fit perfectly -- I cant throw enough positive adjectives at it! Do you guys have any other songs recorded?

Back