drum session.....

thajeremy

registered abuser
I just recorded these for a local artist yesterday....These are completely dry...the only thing I have added is a little compression to the snare. I know there is a ring in the snare that I have to EQ out but Ill get to that once the rest of the tracks are complete.

Just thought Id share....

Drums

TelePaul said:
Think it's a bad link.
Seems to be fixed now.

That's pretty cool Jeremy...some good playing, and I think you got it recorded pretty well. What's the setup like?

Sounds pretty good to me! I personally favor a wider stereo image for the cymbals (they seem kinda left-of-center?) but I think this will translate pretty well post-mix.

Dogman said:
What's the setup like?

my free pair of MSH-1's overhead....thanks MSHilarious....
Senheiser e604's on all 3 toms and an e609 on the snare
Beta 52 on kick.

all running into an M-audio Octane and from there into a Delta 1010.

thajeremy said:
my free pair of MSH-1's overhead....thanks MSHilarious....
Senheiser e604's on all 3 toms and an e609 on the snare
Beta 52 on kick.

all running into an M-audio Octane and from there into a Delta 1010.
Cool. I need to eventually record my drums with more than 2 overheads...when I learn to play something....so I'm sort of looking at different setups. I like the sound my MSH's capture for overheads....they work pretty fine.

thajeremy said:
I just recorded these for a local artist yesterday....These are completely dry...the only thing I have added is a little compression to the snare. I know there is a ring in the snare that I have to EQ out but Ill get to that once the rest of the tracks are complete.

Just thought Id share....

Drums
Bad mistake. I wouldnt use EQ to solve ring in a snare. I would have made sure the ring wasnt there at tracking for sure. Using small bits of tape can really help or maybe even thin bits of foam.

The snare sounds a little waek and the toms sound a bit loose.
Nice OH placement. Good stereo spread.

Eck

Ahh I forgot you havent EQd them yet. :) Not bad

Back