Drum and percussion recording

Vaquero Verbal

Custom Title User
Hi,
Here is my first drum + percussion recording (second time for percussion).
A friend of mine played the drums and percussion parts.
He´s not a real drummer :-)
He is more into percussion.

Please critique the recording and the mix only :-)
It was not meant to be a song, just a practice for tracking a drumset, congas and batas.
I just overdubbed the recording with some guitar and bass and a free vsti (mr-tramp).

Thanks
Dirk

Very cool. Sounds good, and the percussion seems to almost have it's own melody, not only rythm. Sounds like a musical conversation. :cool:

Very cool. Sounds good, and the percussion seems to almost have it's own melody, not only rythm. Sounds like a musical conversation. :cool:

Thanks
Well thanks to Christoph the percussionist !

I think we might make a song out of this one:-)
It was just a short recording session. I wanted to practice recording and get used to my mixer (talkback,cuemix,...). I recorded guitar and bass at home the next day without him.

Thanks for the reply !

Dirk

I listened only the last version.
Stereo image mix is excellent.Percussion (congas or bongôs,don´t know)seems very well recorded,but a bit loud compared to drums/kick (but on an "afro/cuban" song could be the way to go...)and he´s a percussionist, then it´s alright.:)

Ciro

Last edited:
-I listened only the last version.
-Stereo image mix is excellent.Percussion (congas or bongôs,don´t know)seems -very well recorded,but a bit loud compared to drums/kick (but on an -"afro/cuban" song could be the way to go...)and he´s a percussionist, then it´s -alright.
-Ciro"

-The percussion stuff sounds good, although pretty loud. I think it could be more -subtle.
-Greg_L

Thanks for your inputs !
Made me feel good... :-)

Dirk

Back