'Drivin' into the sun'

mac,

This is a good song. To my ears, there is nothing wrong with the mix; though if it were mine, I would move the vocals back a bit. I love the harp track in the left center, simultaneous with the git leads in the right, good stuff.

I think some 'verbed out backing vocal harmonies located way back in the mix would be very tasty.

The song has that "twilight" vibe going on, you know, the introspective period of time between what has happened and what is about to start happening. The quality is really great, I dig all the sounds. I say, good work, good tunes, keep it up.

peace and love

-grey

Cheers for the comments Grey..

General concensus is that the vox are too out front. Not often i make that mistake as i usually try to bury but was really happy with how they sound.

I'll have a play....Thanks again

Okay I'm listening to "Stars of Bravo" and I really dig it, love the melodies, sounds, vocals, and groove you have going. Just a feel good song.
Except! I realize the thread title is "Drivin's into the sun. So...
'Drivin' into the sun'
Nice sounds, nice quality. Vox sound too loud in the mix... overpowers the music somewhat. Nice solo near the end.
Excellent songs, enjoyed em :)

I really dig the vocal "sound" but is indeed to loud in the mix. Overall nice song and nice sound man. What mic you use to record the vocals?

Hey Snake, Glad you liked '...Bravo' thats one of my best. Haven't had a reply on 'Drivin' that doesn't comment on the vox being too loud so i guess i'll re-work..

Cincy, they were recorded with a ADK a51 which i picked up off e-bay for about £40. You can still get em for about that price. I run it into a TFpro P3 pre amp, which is similar to the Joe Meek VC3Q.

Thanks for the feedback guys..

cool. I have the Studio Projects B1 which seems to be nice too, but I always am up for trying different sounds / mics.

Thanks

I just listen to it and I think it is a cool song. I also listen to Bravo and ave decided I like your song writing. Don't take this the wrong way but it kind of reminds me of a mix between Pete Yorn and The Lemonheads.
Anytime a songwriter puts an image in your head or makes you feel different than you did before you heard the song I consider them a good songwriter.

Appreciate all the comments guys.

I've now re-worked this a little, toned down the vox, brought up the piano lines and added some subtle backing vox. Let me know what you think....

mac

hotpotato said:
Appreciate all the comments guys.

I've now re-worked this a little, toned down the vox, brought up the piano lines and added some subtle backing vox. Let me know what you think....

mac

MUCH better vocal volume. SOunds really nice to me man, great work!

i can see this song on as part of the soundtrack for a very independant feeling "smart film" like eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. i think it's really really really great!!! the only thing is, there were a couple of spots where i heard some slight plosives... using a pop filter??? they aren't bad at all and they are hardly evident... DON'T SCRAP THE VOCAL TRACK!!! haha. not that you would, just sayin'... i think it's great, and i wish i had it on CD. i would listen to it as i drive my 4 hour trip back home from school and pretend i was a thoughtful intelectual. haha

Jacob

Listened to "Drivin' Into The Sun"..kinda reminds me of a band called Grandaddy, with the instrumentation/production.Really nice song,liked the harmonica part,fit well.Cool song!!

Man, this song is pretty cool. I don't know most of the bands others are comparing to, so I can't agree. But this is a cool song.

Definitely puts a dreamy eyed look on your face. Which is a good thing. It takes you out of the daily rut and makes you dream.

Mixwise, sounds dandy to me.

Good track, man. :)

First I like the fact that I can press PLAY and it plays in WMP - the last time I tried that it wouldn't work WMP gave me an error (someone else's tune). Is there some kind of setting for that?

Anyway back to this tune....

Such a smooth relaxing tune - really enjoyed it....Vocals are smoooooth man....like em a lot....

There was a touch Neil Young in there (harp).

Only mix thing was mentioned - move the vocals back or down a touch - mainly at the beginning - they seem to sit ok towards the end.

Very cool tune - glad I checked this one out! :cool: :D :D :D :cool:

Hey random, you put any title into google and you'll find you're ripping someone....we're done for!

Incidently driving into the sun brings up links to a painting by the same name. Very nice it is too.

Ido, idunno what my settings are other than i rip my CD's onto my work PC using media player and it just works when you upload the file onto a site.

Nice when stuff works.

Mac

Back