"Drift" - new funk'ish tune

Loved the Dreamy highs on the guitars. The world needs More Funk .. mark

thanks mark! the rhythms are basically direct via my pedalboard, no amps!
and the solos are all thru the Iridium.
i did very little eq'ing on any of the tracks, you just don't seem to need it with clean direct tracks.

Love the sound of the bass! Can you tell us a little about what`s in use here?

hey La9!
thanks for listening!

the bass is a late 90's Carvin LB70 with roundwounds.
carvin-lb70.jpg

it's running into a Barber Direct Drive Super Sport, then into a Barber Tone Press, thru the palmer, direct to interface.

a little bit of post Eq'ing and compression.

the guitars are outlined in the OP

Sounds awesome man! I'm not really familiar with the mix standards of funk... But I totally grooved with it! Loved the guitar tones and the snare. Maybe if I have to give "feedback" on anything... Maybe the kick sounds too raw? Again I'm not that familiar to the standard so my judgement isn't really the best.

Sounds awesome man! I'm not really familiar with the mix standards of funk... But I totally grooved with it! Loved the guitar tones and the snare. Maybe if I have to give "feedback" on anything... Maybe the kick sounds too raw? Again I'm not that familiar to the standard so my judgement isn't really the best.

hey mick! thanks for listening, i appreciate it a lot!
this would NOT be 'funk' by the pure definition...
i spent many years on the road, playing a lot of true 'funk', so this is just a tune with my funk experience peaking thru.

the drums are meant to sound a bit 'raw' on this one, but i'm still just starting to play with this tune,
probably posted it too soon,
but it is really another good example of the Iridium pedal, if nothing else.

Back