Download and Mix Contest

NL5

Unpossible!
Here's the track's. This is meant to be a learning exercise first, contest last. To be considered for the contest, you must use only the tracks provided, and mix the song as if the band was your client.

It's a fairly straight forward rock song, and is copyrighted. You are only authorized to use the tracks for this learning exercise, and nothing else. Don't be a jackass, and cause these fun little projects to come to a halt.

You can use www.lightningmp3.com to upload mp3's to have reviewed and critiqued by other participants. We encourage you to critique others submissions as well.

Mshilarious has offered to judge final submissions. If anyone else would like to judge please PM me. I will probably judge too, but maybe not.......

Lastly, thanks again to XfinsterX for starting the PMC's that inspired this project! You are the man Chris! :D

http://www.lightningmp3.com/upload/mixcontest.zip

ps - If you are having trouble downloading the files, or importing them, please PM me. Don't keep re-downloading them. Also, if someone wants to mirror the files, that would be cool too.

pps - the tracks are 24 bit/44.1 khz aif files that all start at the same time.......

Last edited:
DLed OK last night. Tried to upload to my site; didn't go as well :( I may have to figure out an FTP client to download straight to my site to mirror :confused: I have limited skills at this . . . :(

DLed OK last night. Tried to upload to my site; didn't go as well :( I may have to figure out an FTP client to download straight to my site to mirror :confused: I have limited skills at this . . . :(

Try SmartFtp - great ftp client.........

that's exactly what I would have guessed!

My normal "go to" vocal mic is a Gefell UM92 - a truly amazing mic. However, in this case, his voice, while crystal clear, was quite thin sounding. I kept getting him up closer on it to get some prox effect, but that did very little. On the SM7, we got a bit of weight in it, but I still was not thrilled with the sound. Consequently, the vocal tracks are going to be the biggest challenge, followed by the bass........

Back