Down By The Sea, Just You and Me. Kind of a beachy song.

JerryD

My girlfriend and I love the beach and we started writing tunes together. This is our first beach song. I added the waves. I figured if Jack Johnson can put in rain I can put waves. Not sure how this background noise messes with the recording so I lowered the waves after the songs starts and then readded at the end. Let me know what I'm doing wrong. THanks for your time.

I love how Jack Johnsony and listenable this song is. You could listen to a lot and not get tired of it. Mix wise, the guitar and (mainly) vocals were too dynamic for my taste. I think it may be proximity effect because of the close miked vocals. I think Jack does quite a bit of close miking, so I would definitely consider using a compressor that works well with your voice! Also, this mix has some room for some egg shakers or whatever you want to add, which I think would add a lot. Good luck!

Chris

I second the compressor. It mostly sounds good, but sometimes the level of your voice gets too high and it took me out of the music.

I think the waves really add to the song, though and I would definitely keep them in.

David

Nice song. Playing and singing were really good. I got a John Sebastian feel to this.

Guitar sounded pretty good. There is a little cloudiness to it. Just a bit. Some small/narrow cut somewhere between 800hz and 1K might help.

Lot's of opportunities for harmony vocal. that's a hint. :)

Back