Dont be stupid and tell people what to say

DavidK

I'm sorry, but I don't get it. Are we now critics to the critics?

Jesus H Christ, dont tell me or anybody how to respond to a post here. This is Aschcroft land here: why should anybody tell anybody what to say here? Isnt that the point of this fucking forum?
If people question our POV, that is just an example of censorship-wannabees.

This clinic is getting busy, but NOBODY is going to tell me how I should respond to songs here. Mix, you can make the rules, but they are stupid. Dont be so smug, just let people post the tunes.

The Mp3 Clinic is for opinions, you are not the judge of what is good or gushy

I think people here can say " It sucks" or " You are God" without somebody telling us how to arrange our words. You have a lot of great advice, but telling us how to give advice makes you less credible.

P.S. The " Me " is not me, I am talking in the third person. I personally want all the critique you can give, I learn a lot. I just dont see a point of telling people here what is good and what is bad to say.

Ahhh...

the reverberations from mixmkr,casting stones into a stagnant pool causes the most ripples.I gotta get back to tha stream...

Jamal Bucket said:
...uh oh.......:D
Damn Straight! If somebody is going to tell us what to say or not say here, what is the point of the forum? I gush over my small cock , but that is reserved for the cave.

I dont wish to be a prude, but this is stupid. Ream people new assholes, tell them they suck, tell them that you worship the water they walk on, but dont tell people how to respond to other artists.

Hey.....I'm right there with you....one of the interesting things to me is how people can percieve the same song totally differently. I say what I think about someone's song, just as I play what I want when I'm playing. No one tells me what to do and if they try, I'll mostly do the opposite. All opinions are valid.....even the gushy ones if they reflect the true feelings of the poster.

DavidK, pardon me for interrupting, lol, but I had to say something.

HEY LT. BOB, LISTEN TO THAT TUNE POSTED BY "STRMKR."...I think you'll dig it.

Back to your regularly scheduled flaming.

chessrock said:
That was the BEST mix EVER ! ! !

Don't change a single thing ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
LMAO!!! The only reason I'm hurt is because I believe that's a direct quote from me in your last thread, chess.

Re: Re: Who pissed off DavidK?

DavidK said:
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78139

this thread pissed me off, reel. I am usually laid back, but one person does not speak for the many people here.

When you pull your head out of your ass (again), realize I am not making any fucking rules, nor telling people how to post. Nor am I speaking for the many, just myself. Seems like you have some sort of chip on the shoulder for me. That's fine. I don't really give a shit. I've tried to be straightforward with you, but you're one sensitive asshole. Now I know where your avatar comes from.

And don't give me some sad sap, bullshit apology this time either. If you want to know where I live and say the shit to my face, just let me know.

I suppose this is the reply you were looking for with your post?

ya know...what's ironic about this is I really believe you're still pissed about my critique in which I spoke my mind about one of your tunes. You got pretty uptight when I "critisized" your [stiff]playing. You then proceeded to try and drill me a new asshole, but then came blubbering back. That's still fresh in your mind, isn't it?.....some cyber critique that got you bent out of shape.

"Who the fuck is this mixmkr??.. I've got a resume that kicks ass and he is a nobody...probably plays like shit too...(but I wouldn't know because I've never listened to his music)"

and WISC, while this seems to be the "slam" thread, go fuck yourself too.

(saving some time by not replying in the other thread)

wisc.. I don't get upset and lose my temper sitting at my computer being on the internet, unlike some folks. I pick my battles, and internet surfing has never been one. I use the "language" to help reinforce my point in these instances.

FUCK YOU DICKHEAD

DavidK said:
. I just dont see a point of telling people here what is good and what is bad to say.

...so that people looking for resposes to their mixes/music aren't wasting their time posting here. besides, no one is telling anybody what to say or not say. mixmkr voiced his opinion, which started a discussion that basically centers around getting the most out of this forum. I'll give you an example. I paid (wasted :D) lots of $$$ going to art school. VCU Sculpture, it's a very open program, in our studio classes you basicaly just worked on stuff for a few weeks, get a few responses from other in the class and the instructor, then their'd be a big class critique. Big Day, you had to have your shit ready and be on your toes. 8 hours of sitting around looking at each others crap, taking turns grilling and being grilled about each others work. In that situation it's just a little more obvious that if someone just stands forward and says "This sucks" or "i think this is great" that your wasting everyones time. You gotta give a little more than that. Why does it suck? What do you like about it? What does it remind you of? DOes it have any relevance in this world? If you don't know, that's fine! if you cna't put it in words, that's ok! just try to make an effort.

Giving somewhat objective criticism about something completly subjective like music or art is a hard fucking thing to do. SOmetimes it good to step back and talk about how to do just that. especially in a group of individuals from all over the place with all sort of opinions.. like this forum. So that everyone is sort of working together to help each other. Shit, I'm coming from a world where we talk about how to talk about art just as much if not more that we talk about art, so my thoughs are in that line. Flames and personal attacks aside, the discussion is valid.

Thanks for adding to it David.

James HE--This was an excellent post--one of the best I've read. It IS all subjective. However, if 30 people say the drums/guitar/vocal/bass etc is too loud, a consensus emerges because there are certain standards to base engineering and mixing on. Its much harder to be objective with songs. Some people hate metal or jazz or folk or country or blues...etc....so how do you critique that jazz tune that you hate for stylistic reasons?

Well, in that case, I suppose its best to stick to technical issues about the recording itself. I know people have responded to certain songs I've written that aren't in their mode of taste and have still come up with valid points.

I think all Mixmkr was really saying was "keep it real". Thats pretty easy to do.

this thread and the others are giving me bad vibes...it is not indicative of what the Clinic is about,nor what it has been....we dont need this BS in the Clinic...take it to the Cave fellas....pleeze.....

Hmmm! Im sorry, Did I come at a bad time, If so I can come back later.
LOL

I think that , for the mostpart, the people in the clinic behave like gentlemen compared to most internet discusion groups out there.

There is a fine line between being constuctively critical and being insulting or pompeous or rude. I think we can agree that that line will vary from person to person and day to day, depending on style, maturity, and as many other factors as there are in music. Not to mention the love and desire many of us have for our own musical ventures.

If anyone dissagrees with me on this then $#@*&^%:D :D

where did that come from?? :confused:

This is all your fault!!

Yeah You!!

I do hate the vulgarity.
Reminds me of the Job
Just my opinion

As usual
Peace and prosperity to ALL
Bill

Did anyone see the word PEACE!!!

Back