don't know which genre you'd call this

I'd definitely say Electronica. The solo has some rock in it, but it's mobile enough to be closer to Electronica, too. And the vocals scream Electronica. It also has some "Talking Heads" vibe here and there. While this isn't my preferred style of music, I can safely say I still like it. And that's saying something, because I'm usually a stick in the mud progressive rocker.

I think it might be the synth sounds that are getting my attention. I like all of the different ones and also how some are merging in with the drums. I'm a big time synth aficionado...especially soft synths, since they are so much cheaper and versatile.

And I meant that I was born in 58 and that carries a lot of musical baggage with it!

Ahh!! I see. I thought that you figured out that I was born in 1958 buy subtracting my user name from my join date (2003). Good to see that a sixty year old man can do this sort of music. Sometimes, I think I'm alone in a world of kids. I mean, seriously, what kind of self-respecting senior is still laying down tracks. We should be playing shuffleboard or lined up for the early bird buffet!

Ahh!! I see. I thought that you figured out that I was born in 1958 buy subtracting my user name from my join date (2003). Good to see that a sixty year old man can do this sort of music. Sometimes, I think I'm alone in a world of kids. I mean, seriously, what kind of self-respecting senior is still laying down tracks. We should be playing shuffleboard or lined up for the early bird buffet!

No man, if I didn't have this, what would I do? Plus I get to talk to young dudes all over the world and they dig it when an old dude can still lay down fresh tracks.

dwillis45 and DM60,

All you need is a little angst to lay down fresh tracks! Once the angst is gone, the music dies too.

No man, if I didn't have this, what would I do? Plus I get to talk to young dudes all over the world and they dig it when an old dude can still lay down fresh tracks.

I remember being younger and seeing aging rock stars. I would look at them with a mixed sense of admiration and discomfort. I could handle aging bluesmen, old jazz guys, and the occasional folk singer like Pete Seeger. They all aged with grace. But the rock stars all looked a little off. I never really contemplated what I would look like at that age. I never really thought it would happen. And I never thought much about how age would reflect itself in musical terms. Now I think mostly about what will happen after my first stroke. How will I play when my arthritis really kicks in. And which is better: good soup or sex. :D

Awesome song. Really, really like the lyrics, very fitting and timeless. Great mix, great sounds.

Kinda Groove Core/Industrial/EDM-----ish. Sounds like it could be YOU!

"Very Cool" song. I don't know the genre of half my mine . Closing my eyes while listening , I could Easily see and hear David Bowie singing this one. "Great job" mark

Not sure if you deleted this song while I was halfway through listening to it or not, but it just stopped playing midway and Soundcloud is showing no songs for YellowDwarfBand. :( Where can I download this song? I dig it. Definitely Electro Pop, not EDM. Roots in Post Punk/New Wave UK Synthpop.

Thanks Mark and Ujn,

Glad you liked, Bowie was my hero. I used the Blackstar album as my A/B on the mixing.

I think something may have crashed, Ujn, I see the site and song. Let me know if it continues.

Timbo

Back