Does this sound like real guitar playing?

Henry Low

Hi guys, does this sound like real guitar playing? I am using plugsound vst plugin... I wanna to add a guitar line to my music but I also want real guitar like sounds playing. I dont really play guitar so the song might be kinda wierd with guitar sounds though.

Thanks

updated...

Last edited:
jumpingflash said:
Maybe as a background guitar in a mix but like that it lacks expressiveness and dynamics ( most of all)...

ahh icic... yeah thanks for pointing that out. Anyone know any good mp3s i could listen to so I can sorta learn more on how expressive playing on the guitar sounds like? Thanks, greatly apprcieated.

I guess it's not a matter of what style to use ( maybe 20%) but rather the sound/samples need a bit of twaking, maybe play with the velocity curve of your keyboard or of the sampler and suit that to your playing style...

I just updated the mp3 after some tweaking with the velocity curves.. I chose the exponential velocity curve... and sorta just edited the velocitiest themselves...tell me if u think it improved it somewhat :)

it has a "music box" kinda quality to it... all notes are the same value volume wise..attacked the same way...very even spacing between notes. There are some programs that allow for very creative adjustments to these parameters, and if well done, can yield some pretty astonishing results. On its own, most people with a decent ear will still pick it out as sequenced or not the real thing. But buried in a mix, lots of times it can work well. As they say...your mileage may vary.

mixmkr said:
it has a "music box" kinda quality to it... all notes are the same value volume wise..attacked the same way...very even spacing between notes. There are some programs that allow for very creative adjustments to these parameters, and if well done, can yield some pretty astonishing results. On its own, most people with a decent ear will still pick it out as sequenced or not the real thing. But buried in a mix, lots of times it can work well. As they say...your mileage may vary.

You said something about ehse programs that allow me to do some creative adjustments? Could u please name me one or two? Thanks man

Its close but it takes on a kinda Harpsicord sound the longer I listen.

Like mixmkr said, dynamics are missing, mostly sustain.

What are you looking to do with it?
Do you need a classical type sound, or are you just looking for guitar sounds (acoustic, electric??)

It does sound like a wind up guitar... though the little "bends" aren't bad... the identical attack on each "string" does give it away. Good composition, though. Classical. Baroque. Whatever :)

Chad

Back