Does this lead guitar part sound at all realistic?

PaddyGordon

Lead Guitar Part Song

I used Komplete's Rock guitar via midi, and it sounds fine to me, but I'm wondering if some finer ears could tell that it's midi and if I'd be better recording the part with a real guitar?

I'm not a guitarist and can tell straight away when something's not a real piano or piano sample so...

Last edited:
Lead Guitar Part Song

I used Komplete's Rock guitar via midi, and it sounds fine to me, but I'm wondering if some finer ears could tell that it's midi and if I'd be better recording the part with a real guitar?

I'm not a guitarist and can tell straight away when something's not a real piano or piano sample so...

yeah it sounded pretty obvious, its a little high in the mix but id spot it easily and im no guitarist

you could try sticking it through another softamp to se if you get anything you can work with..these guys have some decent free stuff

AcmeBarGig - Affordable and Freeware VSTs

also some delay and automate reverb on the note tails may give the effect of sustain

personally Id have a go with a guitar, its not that complicated a part..or alternatively replace it with a synth lead

was going good up to then :)

It's actually not that bad sounding, it could pass, but it's definitely too loud in the mix. Turning it down will definitely help.

I listened twice, a guitar has frets so it doesnt gloss between notes quite like that, it almost sounds like a fretless guitar or a guitar with auto-tune on it. If you could take out some of the sustain (not the distortion, but the sustain on the keyboard) and make it attack and break between notes like a pick sounds it would be alot closer.

Back