Do You Remember Rock n Roll Radio? - have a listen please

I just had a listen on my pc speakers and the mix seems to be translating well. The vocals seem to be detached slightly but that is probably me. I have not heard this tune before because I ain't a big Ramones fan but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like some of their music.

Nice work again Greg! :)

When are you going to write one of your own songs? :D :D :p

Check out Ace playing "Shock Me" on http://www.kissonline.net/

Greg....cool way you brought in your drums with the other drums...

I haven't heard this in a long time....pretty close to the original as I remember. Nice job on the vocal delivery. Definitely sounds like a Ramones tune.

Nice one... :cool:

Gorty said:
I just had a listen on my pc speakers and the mix seems to be translating well. The vocals seem to be detached slightly but that is probably me. I have not heard this tune before because I ain't a big Ramones fan but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like some of their music.

Nice work again Greg! :)

When are you going to write one of your own songs? :D :D :p

Check out Ace playing "Shock Me" on http://www.kissonline.net/
Thanks Gorty. I don't think I'll ever write one of my own songs. It's just too damn hard. :mad:

That clip was cool. Ace rocks. :)

Dogman said:
Greg....cool way you brought in your drums with the other drums...

I haven't heard this in a long time....pretty close to the original as I remember. Nice job on the vocal delivery. Definitely sounds like a Ramones tune.

Nice one... :cool:
Thanks Dogman. :)

Sounds Cool! Never heard the song before so I can't comment too much.

Hey I've been meaning to tell you that if you ever do strutter I love a chance to sing it. We used to play it quite a bit and it would be fun. I think we did it in the original key? A I think.

Hell you likely did it already years ago.

Good job on this one.

F.S.

heh...pretty nice, man. You COULD have "cooled" it up a bit by killing the handclaps, but I respect your decisions in this regard.

So all in all, I give it a solid A with gay hand claps. :D

Thanks guys. :)

F.S. - Thanks bro. I tried "Strutter" as one of my first attempts at recording, but scrapped it. I'd love to do it again. I'll get right on it and you can sing it. :)

chrisharris - Thanks man. The handclaps are very prominent in the original Ramones version, so I did them too. :p

Greg_L said:
Thanks guys. :)

F.S. - Thanks bro. I tried "Strutter" as one of my first attempts at recording, but scrapped it. I'd love to do it again. I'll get right on it and you can sing it. :)

Cooooooool!

F.S.

Writing your own song is too hard? And recording something this good isn't? :rolleyes: ;)

I heard Kiss cover this on a Ramones Tribute CD, but never the actual Ramones version. I could imagine this is alot closer to the Ramones version.

Very nice touch with the radio in and out.

ziplock43 said:
Writing your own song is too hard? And recording something this good isn't? :rolleyes: ;)

I heard Kiss cover this on a Ramones Tribute CD, but never the actual Ramones version. I could imagine this is alot closer to the Ramones version.

Very nice touch with the radio in and out.
Thanks! :)

KISS did a great job on that Ramones tribute CD. Their version of this song was the highlight of the CD by far. Green Day did a really good job as well. Everything else mostly sucked with U2, Marilyn Manson, and Metallica sucking the worst.

Greg_L said:
Originally done by the RAMONES from their Phil Spector over-produced "End of the Century" album.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=639137&songID=5469271

Any comments/critiques are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg :)

Gotta admit that its a better production than Phil Spector's attempt at it-I think Johnny Ramone is smiling when he hears you're version!!!
Good choice at leaving out that A.M. sounding DeeJay that Spector had on the original~~~ ;)

I remember that song. I always liked the Phil Spector album. There's a great Ramone's documentary called "End of the Century" (I think). They talk about how crazy Phil was. Anyway... kick ass recording and performance. All the sounds are great. I love the singing too, close enough to Joey without sounding like you're mimicking him.

Anfontan said:
Gotta admit that its a better production than Phil Spector's attempt at it-I think Johnny Ramone is smiling when he hears you're version!!!
Good choice at leaving out that A.M. sounding DeeJay that Spector had on the original~~~ ;)
Thanks a lot man. I really tried to focus on what it could have sounded like had Spector not overdone everything. :)

jjtcorsair said:
I remember that song. I always liked the Phil Spector album. There's a great Ramone's documentary called "End of the Century" (I think). They talk about how crazy Phil was. Anyway... kick ass recording and performance. All the sounds are great. I love the singing too, close enough to Joey without sounding like you're mimicking him.
Thanks. :)

Yeah that "End of the Century" DVD is pretty good, although a little depressing. If you watch some of Marky Ramone's home movie DVD's, it's clear that the relationships in the band weren't as bad as the "EOTC" DVD portrayed.

I think End of the Century could have been a great album had it been produced by the Ramones themselves, or someone close to the band like Tommy Ramone or Ed Stasium. The songs on that album are fantastic. They just don't have that Ramones trademark drive. Spector ruined that album.

I think I heard some clipping when the toms where being played, especially at the beginning when it was just them.

Good recording though. Talent~!

Pinky said:
I think I heard some clipping when the toms where being played, especially at the beginning when it was just them.

Good recording though. Talent~!
Thanks for the feedback. I assure you that ain't clipping. That's too much stick attack on the snare. I'm gonna fix it, I just haven't done it yet. :p

Thanks again! :)

I've always had a soft spot for End of the Century. Excellent tunes regardless of feelings re the producer & production - he did bring out Joey's melodic side.
The cover is grand - the guitars are a little more pun metal than the originals but they certainly rev the tune up.
I really enjoyed your walk across the airwaves - really a much better idea than dup'ing the original selection of tracks.
I didn't understand the voice over's relevance until I saw the doco.
What can I say Greg?
REALLY cool taste, excellent playing & excellent recording.

Back