ditw +synth and new front solo

JMarcomb

Well.. until david gets to the solo on this.. I redid the bad sounding guitar parts with hopefully better ones and added synth in the prechorus..

i did some research on what the pros do... so I split my guitar signal 3 ways one went direct the other went to some delay and yet the other signal went into my POD with slight delay. miced the cabinet with an sm57 and my mc012 as ambient. left the uneffected signal down the middle with a very low volume the other two were panned opposite of each other about 30%.. man... i sooo confused on what im doing... I might have to write all this down.

i think it sounds and sits a little prettier, but lets hear what you guys think.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=1564/singles

dust in the wind

thanks!

Sounds fantastic Jeff. Apart from the mix being excellent, the playing has a great touch. I'd personally prefer it without the delay and the bleeps. I think your music works better when it's as natural as can be, even in covers aparently.
Nice solo...much better.

This sounds a lot more like you cared about it. Beautiful work, Jeff.

definitely sounds better with the new lead.. good mix

I would have liked to hear all the solos done on the acoustic and left the electric out all together, but it still sounds great.. really great!

kick ass. this song is in my solo set. I'm going to integrate some of your ideas, if you don't mind. great job. missed your first posting of this tune, but I really like this version.

Some tunes one has to, and tis almost automatic to close the eyes to listen to. The touch, tones, accompaniment, and blend is so relaxed and effortless sounding that the next subject would be depth. It goes way back over the horizon. Exceptional pickin...:)

sluice

thanks! .. i have to find a good happy medium between wet juicy effects and a dehydrated mix. i think its always ideal to use a conbination of the two to paint your picture... but im always too busy picking my colors! :)
i think i have some more work on my electric tone, but im getting there. i think the whole idea is the more stuff you put in the chain the more tone you lose. i keep hoping this isnt true :) .. but it is :( i just love reverb and delay some much id hate to see my guitar without it :) i also rewired my cabinet to 16 ohms... dont think it did anything .. but im just trying anything nowadays.. its great to pull out the 'ol soldering iron and start connecting different parts of things... :) anyways -- talk to ya tom

B.SABBATH

hey i appreciate ya always taking the time to comment on everybodys stuff... im sure you dont hear it enough-- but your one person that gives a ton of help around here and i notice it! :) .. ive been pretty busy with work and stuff so i havent been around too much... enough of my excuses...

now the mix... :) maybe i need to redo it all acoustic? haha.. nah i think i'm done with this tune -- its just a cover... i think your right though-- the electric guitar & tone isnt the ideal instrument... but hey .. it was worth a try!

JR#97

thanks JR... hey lets hear what ya got.. i love to hear it. let me know when you have something i can hear... thanks for stopping in!

Toki987

Thats the effect i wanted to have on the listener with this one :) isnt that the first line of the song? :) i close my eyes.. only for a moment and the moments gone... mission accomplishent.. your comment is inspiring to write more relaxing stuff. My next tune is like that .. but its an original! :) I see you have a tune up on the board.. im moving over to it right now. thanks Toki

Okay, I suck on the guitar, and I'm pretty open about it. I mean, I don't HAVE to suck, because I can actually play pretty fast when I have to, and it works okay live, but clams that might not be that noticeable in a live setting stick out badly on my recordings, which I rarely fix.

I guess what I'm saying is that this is great, and I heard no clams. If I'd done it....oh baby...clam city.

Nice job man.

Sounds great Jeff!
Sweeeet guitar playing.
I didn't hear the synth though?

Fine recording,definitly does justice to the original.

Thanks,
Pete

Toki987 said:
Some tunes one has to, and tis almost automatic to close the eyes to listen to. The touch, tones, accompaniment, and blend is so relaxed and effortless sounding that the next subject would be depth. It goes way back over the horizon. Exceptional pickin...:)

.....what he said. "Exactly"! Beautiful guits Jeffy..... Really nice. I like the new guitar and synth additions. Im looking forward to the Violin solo.

.......Just Excellent man. gw/5

Back