Disaffected Alt Rock Bass Girl - Completely different version

VomitHatSteve

Hat STYLE. Not contents.
Last edited:
Bass sounds slightly muddy/muffled. Might need to cut some low end. Drums and guitars sound nice. The falsetto harmony vocals sound a little weak and flimsy. Sing them with more fire and/or thicken them and raise their volume and you should be set. Cool song idea and lyrics.

The falsetto harmony vocals sound a little weak and flimsy. Sing them with more fire and/or thicken them and raise their volume and you should be set. .

You think? I always feel like I lean too heavily on the falsetto harmonies in most of my mixes.

You think? I always feel like I lean too heavily on the falsetto harmonies in most of my mixes.

You should lean on them cause they are great. I agree bump them up. I think this version is a lot more together than the last version. Like someone else said bass seems muffled. The lead vocal seems to sit out on top of the mix, just not gelling in. Regardless, I always like listening to your stuff.

I still feel like some low end needs to be cut off the bass and/or guitars (I think it's the bass tho). The main vocal is solid. The falsetto harmony vocal just feels weak to me - instead of harmony maybe throw in a background yelling part sung with some fire and add some reverb to it. It's what Roger Waters would often do to enhance the energy of a vocal instead of using harmony.

"Disaffected Alt Rock Bass Girl, Holding down the E...."

Did I hear that right? lol That's brilliant. What a fun song. Like others have said, bass is boomy. The girl's voice is buttery.

Back