A different kind of mix contest

SpeedKing9 said:
Nobody commented on mine?

Sounds pretty good... I like the creativity. There's a lot of room for improvement but I like it. I think you need to turn down your levels... it sounds like its clipping. I'm not a fan of chorus on all the (clean or acoustic) guitars although it's fine for the beginning in my opinion. Drums don't sound as "clear" as the rest of the music. And I still think the vocals sound too thin. My computer speakers don't have any bass so I can't say anything about that. Anyways, good job for your first mix.

Thanks Strave. Do you have any advice for me to make the drums clearer and the vox thicker? and yeah, my levels are outta control, I need to watch for that!

xstatic said:
Did anyone listen to the differences in the console and "in the box" mix I did? :D

Yeah man, just listened. Nice job on the mixes! My preference was the cubase sx mix.

The thing that bugs me on all these mixes are those bad (out of key) chords that are played at the end of the solo and the end of the song. When I mixed this for the band, I muted a few things that just didn't work harmonically (if that's a word) Maybe it's just me, but it makes me cringe.

The big zip will be available for a day or two more, then will be pulled down -

Thanks! :D

I haven't said it before so I will say it now....

I too really appreciate your willingness to freely host these things NL5:)

Back