Despair (remixed - final)

Llarion

Hi...

Now that I know how nice Kunaki's pressings are (Rami's CD is really sweet), I decided to get off my ass and release my next one; it's been sittiing the the can, 90% done for several months.

Taking one last pass at mixing/mastering on the ones I'm unsure about...

This is called Despair. Four tracks; classical guitar for the melody, a base keyboard pad, and two "coloring" keyboard parts. This is the darkest, closest-to-ambient piece on the CD (though the whole thing is fairly rich-hued in tone).

Is it a keeper as is? (in terms of mix/master; tracking is locked down.) Can I flag it finished?

Despair

Cheers,
Phil
www.llarion.com

Very nice indeed...

Don't know if was just a glitch when you mixed down/exported to MP3, but there's a hiccup in the fade at the end. Right after it goes to silent, the noise floor comes back up for a second.

Don't know your process, but if it were mine, I'd be looking at the right (end) marker in Cubase.

Of course if you converted your completed aiff/wav to MP3 (instead of exporting this directly to post here) then the hiccup is in your aiff/wav as well.

But that's easily fixed, and other than that I thought this sounded top notch!

Very nice indeed...

Don't know if was just a glitch when you mixed down/exported to MP3, but there's a hiccup in the fade at the end. Right after it goes to silent, the noise floor comes back up for a second.

Don't know your process, but if it were mine, I'd be looking at the right (end) marker in Cubase.

Of course if you converted your completed aiff/wav to MP3 (instead of exporting this directly to post here) then the hiccup is in your aiff/wav as well.

But that's easily fixed, and other than that I thought this sounded top notch!

Thanks guys!!!! This was a quick export to mp3, I didn't trim the end marker properly I guess. Good catch. Also, this tune will crossfade into the last tune on the CD, so I think it's safe. :) Thanks for the detailed listen; who gets to the end marker?! :) Much appreciated!!

Yep, you nailed it, bad trim. Tail end is all fixed now... :)

Listened in the car this morning, and it appears that I have more to do in the noise reduction area...

Last edited:
Back