Demo Tunes-recorded live at the club

gtrman_66

Hey, I could use some ears on these tunes I recorded live of my band. We're going to use them for demo, mp3s for myspace music etc. I multitracked them to adat HD24 using a mackie 1202, a Yamaha MG10 and picked up the drums from a carvin mixer head the drummer uses to mic his stuff live, so the drums are all on one track. Had a couple room mics on either side of the stage.This is all live with no overdubs at all.

Here's a couple form The Band:

Ophelia

Cripple Creek

And an old blues standard:

The Jealous Kind

Thanks for the listen :)

Ophelia...sounds excellent for a live recording. Pretty clean, and still has that live vibe to it. Pretty decent drum sound, and good bass tone. Things seem to come across well in the mix.

Cripple Creek....again, sounds pretty decent to me. You guys sound well together.

The Jealous Kind...nice....good sounds again.

I think these give a good indication of your live sound...not overprocessed, but still really good sounding. I'd enjoy the show....:D

If I was to try and give some advice on the mix process, maybe roll some lows off the kick...it's boom can be pretty big. Don't know if you can do that when you record the way you are set up.

Thanks Dogman. ;)

I can probably roll some lows off the drum kit track without hurting the toms and snare too much. I thought it might be a bit big on some of the systems I've heard it on but it sounded good on others. I'll tweak it some this weekend and see where it lands.

Ophelia is nice, well done. I agree with Dogman about the kick, it is way too strong. Other than that, it sounds great.

Back