"Deleted Messages" 18 yr. old son's Singing Debut 1st complete original tune

Texsunburst59

"Deleted Messages" 18 yr. old son's Singing Debut 1st complete original tune

I post songs all the time here that my 18 yr. old son composes, plays all the instruments and does his own mix downs. Anyway, here is his first song where he wrote some lyrics and does his first vocals on. I think he did a great job, and I think it's a catchy little tune. Here's the link to the tune.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=633883&songID=7204297

it sounds great. i'm not a big fan of over dubbing vocals like that though, it robs the vocals of any character. it's easy to listen to though, i think that's what you guys are going for anyway. it's cool

Really nice song, well done.
Only thing I don't like is the organ. I feel it too much in front, too dominant. I really like the vocal harmonies. But then I'm a singer....:D
Recording sounds great otherwise to me.

Joe :):)

But is it a Fender?
I quite like the droning organ - I'd center & pull it back a little though.
The solo should start out centered.
The sudden stop doesn't work for me.
Nice song - good job all around.
Now, he ought to go back after a few days & try some alternate mixes when his ears are fresh.
You ought to do a mix too - just to bring a diff. perspective to it.

This is very good. Nice mix. The only things are, as Joe commented, the organ is too upfront. Back down a little and give the vox a db or so up. The stop doesn't work for me either. Other than that, very nice.

Thanks for the constructive comments guys cause we really appreciate them. My son and I are still learning the whole process and we are going to take some of the advice to heart. After taking a close listen to the tune, I found the most of the things pointed out were spot on. I'll repost the remixed version after the new tweaks. Thanks again.:)

Back