The debut release of "Trouble", by Bat's Brew- on Planet Records

GONZO-X

friends:
i've been working hard, for a year and a half, on a full length album of original music. The band is entitled 'Bat's Brew, and the album is called "Trouble".

-during this time, i was signed for a record deal, with a small independant internet-based record label, Planet Records.

The album is finished, and i'd like to ask you to check the link out, give a listen, and if it tilt's your fancy, support your (virtual) local musician......!

My artist page:

http://www.planetrecords.org/batsbrew

this album made use of the services of session drummer extraordinaire Brent Dacus....

he's located in the dallas/fort worth area, and plays with the symphony there, and does session and live work as well.
He's a hell of a player, and added a wonderful element that was missing.... a real drummer!!! LOL

Wednesday, the 8th, is the official release date... and this evening, on the Planet Records internet radio station (VS Planet Radio), my album is to be featured, in it's entirety, if you'd like to listen in. (10 pm EST)

-the planetrecords.org/batsbrew link above, takes you to a page for ordering the cd, as well as information and previews of all the songs- if you can't make the show, and want to listen to the tunes at your leisure..

here's the official release statement:

(Release Party): Trouble - By Bat's Brew: Available Now On Planet Records!

Feb 7, 2006: Planet Records is proud to welcome Bat's Brew to our Indie label. Headed up by our very own Planeteer Gonzo, this band's long awaited debut album "Trouble" gets down and dirty and delivers a colorful progressive tapestry of groove oriented hard rock, acoustic arrangements, and creamy vocal harmonies - all combined within an eclectic mix of brilliant composition. Trouble lays it on the line and lucky for us, the CD is now available on Planet Records!

Party Time
==========
We're having a CD release party and you are cordially invited to come celebrate. In tandem with VSPR and a little help from our friend, Andy McClellan, Trouble's debut release will be broadcasted in it's entirety during a special broadcast of the "Songs That Make You Smile" show on Wednesday Feb 8, 2006 at 10pm EST. It get's cooler: Gear prizes will be available for those who order on-line during the show. Folks, this is a fantastic opportunity to show support for a fellow Planeteer Artist and plug into the music scene at VS-Planet.

Plus, it's a great night out on the town!

-Paul Olito (Walrus44)
Planet Records

Directions to the On-Line Party
================================
When: Wed, Feb 8, 2006 - 10:00 pm EST
http://www.live365.com/stations/vss?site=vss

10:00 PM Eastern
9:00 PM Central
8:00 PM Mountain
7:00 PM Pacific
6:00 Alaska
11:00 PM Atlantic
3:00 AM London, UK (tomorrow)
4:00 AM - Brussels, Belgium (tomorrow)
12:00 noon Sidney Australia (tomorrow)

thanks for your support!
njoy!
-rob gilliland

well, we had a pretty good turnout....

i hope some of you guys will check the link out below and check out the album tour...

thanks for your support!

-gonzo

thanks ido1957!!

'cept, the only tour i'm gonna be doin, is walking down to the basement to do some more recording!!!

LOL

you know, i'd love to put a band together, just to tour this thing...

but the bucks, man, the bucks!!!!

i'd have to rob a bank, win a lottery, marry a rich lawyer lady, and THEN, i'd still be in the RED!!

:D

ido1957...
your the man.

in fact, the ONLY man. :D

LOL

c'mon, folks, will no one at least check this out...?
a year and a half of blood sweat and tears, only to be ignored.....?

an actual label release?

arrangements, performances, recordings....
isn't that what the point of this BBS and the mixing forum is all about?

even telling me it's shitty, is better than just ignoring it!! LOL ;)
c'mon, it wont hurt, take the tour, see what you think......

HELLO...... hello...... hello....... hello......

is anybody IN there......... there........ there........ there.......

just nod, if you can HEAR me............ me......... me.......... me...........

I'd say its good year and a half well spent. Thats you singing I'm guessing. Very very very nice voice, and very very catchy tunes. Guitars sound great. Drums are sounding good. And vocals.... WOW. I can't get over how good this sounds. You deserve that deal, and the tour as well. You've got some great ideas here.

Good luck,

Ben

emergencyexit!!
alright man, small crowd, but mighty!!
LOL

yeah, i did all the instruments and voice, and brent dacus (dallas fortworth area session drummer) did the drums.
i've been singing all my life, but have only recently figured out what to do with my voice, to try to get it to have some kind of character.

thanks ben, for being brave, and daring to review my tunes!!
:D

The instrument and vocal perfomance is very good. The way the drums are mixed just doesn't sound right to me. It seems to cheapen the whole mix and makes it sound like a home recorded album.

hm.
that's the very first time i've heard that comment...

'cheapen' the mix..

i don't follow.

but hey, that's cool..
everybody's got an opinion of how drums should sound.

some guys like em dry and treble...
some like em big and boomy...
some people love tons of whack on the kick...
and others like it whoofy......

thanks for the feedback all the same....

This is rockin' man. Fuckin' rockin' with emphasis on the apostrophes. I've had a few of your songs on my computer for years now (Bat's Brew, Choices, Lost My Pipe On Black Diamond, Where I Want To Go) and I love em. I especially love the guitar tone in both versions of Choices. The drums sound great; I can tell the drummer is really good.

Congratulations on releasing the album!

thanks FattMusiek !

you've got some of my oldies there!
LOL

yeah, some of those, were early demos of a couple of the tunes on the new release....

the drummer, yes, he's quite capable....
he does many different kinds of gigs, and took very little direction from me, to nail what i wanted.

thanks for listening......!
spread the word, and nab a copy!

hey ido-
i got your little 'rep' note.....!
thanks.. i appreciate the POS.....

i have no idea, nor do i care, what the 'reputation' points are, whether they are postive or negative--people making comments about shit they don't even know about, it's all pretty childish. who's dumb idea was that?!
LOL

but thanks anyway, for the good vibe.

has anyone here had their projects professionally mastered?

how much did it cost?

where you happy with the results?

???

Hiya Gonzo

I remember Take it all when you were first trackin it.
Glad to see you finally wrapped the whole thing up!

Pro Mastering will make your stuff a better presentation.
Try Sonusman/ford van, he's also known as mosfet on the other site.
He has done both comp cds, as well as several members projects here.

Quality work.

jcmm-
thanks for checking it out..
remembered the 'take it all' song eh..?
yeah, it took a while to wrap it all up...

i ended up re-tracking everything, on every song... after getting the live drum tracks from brent, down in dallas-fort worth....
it only made sense, to start over from the demos, with the live drums...

this album is professionally mastered.

Falcon Eddy Studios did it.

i was just curious to know if other home reccers were going the extra mile, and if so, what they thought after the fact..

i'm quite satisfied with the work on my album, though it'd be interesting to contact sonusman about future projects, of which i already have half, of 2 different projects, in the can...

hey, thanks for listening!!

Soundwise man that is a good quality sounding album. I thought "choices" was a damn good rock song! Strong & hooky as hell, sorry to say I thought it went downhill fast after that song.

GONZO-X said:
friends:
i've been working hard, for a year and a half, on a full length album of original music. The band is entitled 'Bat's Brew, and the album is called "Trouble".

-during this time, i was signed for a record deal, with a small independant internet-based record label, Planet Records.

The album is finished, and i'd like to ask you to check the link out, give a listen, and if it tilt's your fancy, support your (virtual) local musician......!

My artist page:

http://www.planetrecords.org/batsbrew

this album made use of the services of session drummer extraordinaire Brent Dacus....

he's located in the dallas/fort worth area, and plays with the symphony there, and does session and live work as well.
He's a hell of a player, and added a wonderful element that was missing.... a real drummer!!! LOL

Wednesday, the 8th, is the official release date... and this evening, on the Planet Records internet radio station (VS Planet Radio), my album is to be featured, in it's entirety, if you'd like to listen in. (10 pm EST)

-the planetrecords.org/batsbrew link above, takes you to a page for ordering the cd, as well as information and previews of all the songs- if you can't make the show, and want to listen to the tunes at your leisure..

here's the official release statement:

(Release Party): Trouble - By Bat's Brew: Available Now On Planet Records!

Feb 7, 2006: Planet Records is proud to welcome Bat's Brew to our Indie label. Headed up by our very own Planeteer Gonzo, this band's long awaited debut album "Trouble" gets down and dirty and delivers a colorful progressive tapestry of groove oriented hard rock, acoustic arrangements, and creamy vocal harmonies - all combined within an eclectic mix of brilliant composition. Trouble lays it on the line and lucky for us, the CD is now available on Planet Records!

Party Time
==========
We're having a CD release party and you are cordially invited to come celebrate. In tandem with VSPR and a little help from our friend, Andy McClellan, Trouble's debut release will be broadcasted in it's entirety during a special broadcast of the "Songs That Make You Smile" show on Wednesday Feb 8, 2006 at 10pm EST. It get's cooler: Gear prizes will be available for those who order on-line during the show. Folks, this is a fantastic opportunity to show support for a fellow Planeteer Artist and plug into the music scene at VS-Planet.

Plus, it's a great night out on the town!

-Paul Olito (Walrus44)
Planet Records

Directions to the On-Line Party
================================
When: Wed, Feb 8, 2006 - 10:00 pm EST
http://www.live365.com/stations/vss?site=vss

10:00 PM Eastern
9:00 PM Central
8:00 PM Mountain
7:00 PM Pacific
6:00 Alaska
11:00 PM Atlantic
3:00 AM London, UK (tomorrow)
4:00 AM - Brussels, Belgium (tomorrow)
12:00 noon Sidney Australia (tomorrow)

thanks for your support!
njoy!
-rob gilliland

Hey Gonzo,

Congrats man, I love what I have heard so far, nice guitar work, You should be proud....I am sure you are!

I heard some "Slash's SnakePit" in there here and there! That's what I heard anyway and that is a good thing!

Once again The guitar playing is great!

I may just have to order me a copy!

Gorty!......Well Done! :)

Back