Death Pool - recording like it's 2007

VomitHatSteve

Hat STYLE. Not contents.
My glam band is doing a project where we record a reaction song to each of the new episodes of Game of Thrones this season.
We need a turnaround time of several hours, so of course I'm not doing any revisions of this song.
But our chains don't vary much in tracking, so any feedback is helpful for next week's.

Thanks!

The old heads may recognize the Greg_L's classic drum tone.

I've never seen Game of Thrones. So I assume that this song is all I need to sum up this particular episode. Is that about right? Could you do one that summarizes the whole series? That way, I'll never be tempted to binge watch the whole rotten mess. I hate cultural phenomenon, especially the older I get. :D

The old heads may recognize the Greg_L's classic drum tone.

I heard recently that Greg_L was not really Greg_L. It was another well-known member masking himself with a slight username modification to fool us mere mortals. Is that possible? :confused:

I've never seen Game of Thrones. So I assume that this song is all I need to sum up this particular episode. Is that about right? Could you do one that summarizes the whole series? That way, I'll never be tempted to binge watch the whole rotten mess. I hate cultural phenomenon, especially the older I get. :D

That's the goal! Unfortunately, I've only seen this one episode, so that's all I can summarize.

---------- Update ----------

I heard recently that Greg_L was not really Greg_L. It was another well-known member masking himself with a slight username modification to fool us mere mortals. Is that possible? :confused:

Wait... is there another greg l hanging out? 'cause after the OG one got permabanned, I don't think he wants to come back.

Wait... is there another greg l hanging out? 'cause after the OG one got permabanned, I don't think he wants to come back.

From what I understand, the original Greg L was Greg L. He was replaced by Greg_L after Greg L was banned. Apparently, the second Greg L (named Greg_L) had also been banned at some point. I would tell you his current screen name, but he could get banned again. Apparently, he was reinstated after the original ban. :laughings:

I could be wrong, though, because he may have been kidding when he told the story. :confused:

By the way, the track sounds great. I'm not sure if you're a glam band, though. I think you need more makeup, more spandex, and perhaps an English accent. :p

And how did you do the backing vocals? Doubling? Retracking with actual backing vocals? Or some other approach. It sounds really nice. I'm trying to work on that end of my game, but I feel like I'm falling short.

Thanks!

Our lead vocalist wears a lot of makeup, but he couldn't make this recording. :(

For the BGVox, we did a whole bunch of takes and added some 'verb. Any given part was at least 5 takes comped down to 2 or 3.

Greg got banned a lot, but I don't think he was perma-banned until the most recent instance. He'd get suspended for a few weeks every other year or so tho.

From what I understand, the original Greg L was Greg L. He was replaced by Greg_L after Greg L was banned. Apparently, the second Greg L (named Greg_L) had also been banned at some point. I would tell you his current screen name, but he could get banned again. Apparently, he was reinstated after the original ban. :laughings:

I can't remember whether it was Greg L or Greg_L, but he basically called me a pussy once for fading out a jam. Since then I've always tried to man up and put a proper ending on everything

I can't remember whether it was Greg L or Greg_L, but he basically called me a pussy once for fading out a jam. Since then I've always tried to man up and put a proper ending on everything

That sounds like Greg L. Did he have a goatee, a bald head and a tail?

Listening on HPs. It seems the recording is just a tad muddy., but the balance of the mix plays well on HPs.

Back